Chaos Fire Fury and Hellforged

Gentlemanloser

My most recent relatively rigorous treatment of this subject leaves it as unfortunately slightly ambiguous.

There's a credible case to be made that suggests that plain text references are links to names rather than keywords, but some of the official marketing materials suggests that at least one department of GW interprets all references as keywords.

Of course, nothing that I've seen in the rulebook specifically calls out that a reference to a keyword will have an altered typeface, but there is a soft implication in their usage example.

I'm not really sure of a good resolution that doesn't involve reading additional clauses into the rules. Perhaps a relatively clean answer would be to treat all rules references as keywords, regardless of typeface, and also read the name of the datasheet as an additional keyword.

I most cases, reading the name of the sheet as a keyword changes nothing as the name is reproduced in the keyword line of the sheet, but there are some edge cases where this isn't true.

---------------

So, where I'm left with this is, I think it's forgeworld's intent that the strat works with them, but the implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

If they're interpreted as a different kind of reference, the functional work around rule would get very clunky at technical looking in a hurry. "For name reference purposes in strategums, this unit also counts as being names 'Helbrute' in addition to any other names it might have" This would seem to stand completely at odds with the whole philosophy behind keywords to allow clean cross referencing.