Do I need chapter approved for my Death Guard?

Brother Callidan

If you want to be playing with the most up-to-date points costs for your stuff, then you need to use the values in Chapter Approved yes.

But as long as you know how to type "Chapter Approved Death Guard points" into google image search, then no, you don't need to buy it.

Look up the points changes on Google, get some post-it notes and scribble the values on, then stick 'em on your codex pages. Bam. 

Anybody asks? Say you didn't want to lug about a third book and you did it for convenience sake and that it's at home.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Thanks guys. I didn't want to spend another $40 plus dollars on another book when my army is so new and still in the painting process.

Especially when there will be another Chapter Approved/Generals handbook every 12 months for GW games. I am very careful after $500 on thousand sons/traitors hate/traitor legions in 7th edition, just to have those books turn obsolete 6 months later. However they make good artbooks, collectors items, and fluff reading.

Don't worry about running updates all the time. If you have the electronic version of the Codex you could still look at a friend's copy of Chapter Approved and put the new points on sticky notes on the screen.