Deathwatch Codex Stratagems?

MeltaRange

There are definitely some threads about wishes for our Codex, but I thought hey - this might be a cool thread on it's own.  And you never know, maybe a GW designer will find this!  What do you think?

Post what Stratagems you'd like to see in the Deathwatch Codex.  We have to assume 'Clavis' and 'Death to the Alien!' will make it in.

Precision Drop - 1CP

The precision of a Deathwatch Kill Team's attack is matched by no other force in the known universe.

Use before a drop pod arrives via the Drop Pod Assault rule.  The drop pod, and the models disembarking from within in may be placed d6+3" away from any units, instead of 9".

Final Atonement - 1CP

There are those within the Deathwatch that will stop at nothing to atone for the past sins of themselves or their former chapter.

Use after a Black Shield attacks an enemy CHARACTER or MONSTER in the fight phase.  That unit takes 1d3 mortal wounds, but the Black Shield is removed as a casualty after those wounds are resolved.

Veterans of the Long Watch - 2CP

To be considered a Veteran of the Deathwatch, a Battle-Brother must accomplish great and glorious things, and mark himself out as a true instrument of war, above and beyond even the transhuman capability of the Adeptus Astartes.

Use when one of your INFANTRY units is targeted by an enemy unit in the shooting phase.  For the remainder of that phase, subtract 1 from any wound rolls, and add 1 to any save rolls for this unit. (for a total of +2 to save if in Cover)

Aerial Maneuvers - 1 CP

The pilot of each Blackstar is a Veteran Techmarine who has earned the right to field it over long and arduous years of schooling.

Use at the beginning of the enemy shooting phase.  Choose a Corvus Blackstar from your army.  That unit will only be hit on the unmodified roll of a 6 until end of the phase.

I like the “Final atomement”, the extreme sacrifice of the black shield!

For the “Aerial maneuver” I would change the name....hitting on 6 is more like a stealth feature, and the corvus is looking as a stealth fighter...so why not calling it something like “Cloaking field”?

I'd be happy with some really odd ones. Emphasise that they're a bit more unusual than your average foe!

E.g.

Webway Assault (As Aeldari)

Diplomatic Immunity (free move before game starts)

Phoslight (units but by bolter special issue ammo get a benefit a bit like a Tau Markerlight)

Biogenic Warfare (orbital bombardment)

Xenos-walked first (anti-Chaos strategem)

The Enemy Stole Within (some sort of anti-Imperium/Genestealer Cult strategem)

The Watch Begins (squad heavily boosed versus non-Chaos, non-Imperium, non-Unaligned)

Something like that.

2 things : 

I think something like "Rapid Insertion" would be nice, for which you can exit the Corvus AFTER it moved

DOes anyone have the 7th edition special rules ? Just to see what other source material the GW staff might be working with ? 

Personally I think they should go one of two routes.

1) Some specialized ones like Xisor suggests.

2) Ones that affect units with key words like bikes or terminators. They would benefit the mixed units in addition to the units entirely composed of models with that key word. Possibly with a lesser effect for the mixed squads but benefit them.

I'd rather they go with option 1 if I'm being honest the mixed squads have never really felt right to me, but if its going to be the armies gimmick than it needs to be supported.