Beasts of Nurgle

Charlo

So rules may well change in the upcoming daemons codex, but what do we think of the little buggers right now?

For just under 40pts you get 5 T5 5++/5+++ wounds that fill a fast attack slot.

So that means some easy outrider detachments for command points if need be.

I think their two abilities are quite cool:

Heroic intervention

Mortal wound on a 4+ if the enemy falls back

The way I see it, you can sprinkle these guys among your pox walker's/ plague marines etc and try to maximise the benefits.

What do y'all think?

I believe they are elite, but still workable.

For them to use the heroic intervention one of your units needs to be charged, so I would think if you were charged that your opponents wouldn't plan on falling back.

To maximize their mortal wound efficiency, I would take 3 in separate units so they would get 3 chances to cause them.

In the Death Guard codex, they occupy a slot that has much better options. I would never take a Beast of Nurgle over my Bloat Drones or Blight Haulers, they just don't compare.

In the upcoming Daemons codex, however, I'm sure they'll find much more room to hit the field. They'll probably only compete with Plague Drones, which are also just okay. Even they have a speed advantage.

I probably won't field a proper unit of them but have one or two as a summoned meatshield for some of my characters, they are cheap enough so they don't take up much points plus with only 2PL each they can easily be summoned in with only one dice so they don't get wiped out running up the board by themselves plus after reading Clonelord with Khorag the Nurgle Apothecary and his Beast of Nurgle who acts like personal pet I really want to include at least one for one of my characters

They are pretty great and cheap points. I always struggle trying to decide whether to bring them or chaos spawn, they play very similarly but also slightly different. I usually run 7 single units of them (I have not tried a blob yet because I am terrified of moral failure).

What is not cheap is their price... $40. FML. I was expecting them to be a box of 3 for $60... this is nuts. If I want to run my current list of 7 + the new GUO that is going to cost me $500 with codex after taxes...