Mini of the year 2017 - what do you pick?

Aramis K

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the Primaris Intercessors. They turned marines into something truly great and more menacing. So much so, that I can't look at older marines without giggling - (They so cuuute and stunty).

It couldn't of been easy to approach the most popular and best selling range and attempt to make them even better. They could have upset a lot of people but GW and the design team did fantastic work, and now marines look like tough marines.

Celestine, but you probably figured that, right? :lol:

That said, Clan Escher, Greyfax and well, far too many others are great too.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/white-dwarf-presents-miniature-yeargw-homepage-post-3/

Mortarion won. If that doesn't make GW crank out more Primarchs for 40k, I am Santa Claws.

While I wish Celestine or the Primaris Chaplain won (long shot I know, but a man can dream of plastic sisters and thunderhawks), I am just glad that Girlyman didn't win. My 'spiritual liege' can suck it, even if mortairion just sits in his room all day long listening to my chemical romance and stares at clocks.

Its like having to choose between the eagles or the patriots for the super bowl. anyone but the pats, everyone is just tired of goodell's pet team.

Tough call, since there have been so many good ones.

I'll have to go with the Primaris Intercessors kit. It isn't as if I don't love the old power armor kits for "regular" Astartes, but the Primaris kits with their proportions and poses really make the old stuff look terrible without effort cutting/reposing/modifying. I think gravis armor/inceptors/aggressors look terrible, but for me, the intercessor is :cuss spot on with how a space marine should look.

I like being the weird old guy with a table full of weird old models.

I'm still using RoC era Greater Daemons, and will still use them as Greaters even though GW made them bigger. :wub: