What is the Joy of Life? - G8Keeper's Unforgiven

G8Keeper

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm looking at possibly entering a doubles tournament in June and an interesting thing popped up whilst working out a few lists. Both the Ravenwing and Deathwing relic banners do not state that they replace the original banner. Is this an over site rectified in other books for other such issues? Should I expect it to be faq'd in due course?

I hope to photograph my greenwing in its entirity this weekend so I'll have something hopefully pretty to look at up soon.

Whilst I'm waiting on enough time to photograph my greenwing in its entirety this weekend I thought I'd quickly pop up what I've more or less finished this month. Sadly I've not snapped the entire squad but the two guys below are from the Inflitrator squad I completed from last years ETL, I wasn't happy with the highlighting and hadn't got any close ups so... here you go! I really really wish GW would bring out a new DA decal set as the old one's just look kind of transparent, especially squad markings, hence why I've left them off for now. Be gentle.

med_gallery_3547_14064_10889.jpg

med_gallery_3547_14064_80615.jpg

• 1 month later...

I managed to get a practice game in before my mates stag do at warhammer world this coming weekend. It was 1500pts vs Iron Hands and I was largely trying out some combos as was he.

My list:

Lazarus
Int Chaplain (jump pack)
10 x Infiltrators
10 x Intercessors
10 x Tac Marines (PG & HB)
RW Apothecary
DW Ancient (with pennant)
7 x Deathwing Knights
10 x Hellblasters

His List (Iron Hands and rough as my memory is spotty):

Feiros
Phobos Captain
10 x Infiltrators
10 x Stalker Intercessors (combat squadded)
5 x Stalker Intercessors
3 x Aggressors
Redemptor
3 x Las Centurions
5 x Heavy Hellblasters

Deployment was tough as he placed his infiltrators first, so I tried to keep my characters mostly safe, which worked. He had first turn.

Turn one I somehow forgot to use transhuman physiology on my hellblasters who were wiped out. It got worse from there as I also lost a tac combat squad (bar the heavy bolter) and an Infiltrator squad as well as the RW apothecary being down to 1 wound.

My turn I largely manoeuvred to hide my apothecary, killing only a couple of infiltrators and a hellblaster.

Turn 2 I remember transhuman on my remaining Infiltrator Squad who somehow survive most his army firing at them with 3 guys left. I also lose a few intercessors. Noteworthy mention here is the lone tactical marine who managed to survive until turn 4 or so passing loads of armour saves.

The deathwing knights turn up and make their charge, losing nobody despite many overwatch shenanigans from the centurions who promptly die in return. I consolidate and fight again to bring Feiros (who'd strayed too close) down to 2 wounds.

The rest of the game is basically my army shot to pieces with the Deathwing Knighss chewing in total through:
Feiros
3 Centurions
5 Hellblasters
Redemptor Dread
And having 2 models left in the squad when we called it. Notable is the ancient who had to plod off on his own to smash up an intercessor squad.

I lost 6-3 on points which I feel was amazing considering turn 1.

Lots to think about, but Deathwing Knights are absolutely amazing. I didn't even use any protection stratagems on them, only having the Pennant 5++ for 1 turn.

EDIT:

A couple of pics of the Knights wrecking face. The Phobos Captain managed to escape :sad.:.

med_gallery_3547_14064_729299.jpg

med_gallery_3547_14064_69166.jpg

Edited by G8Keeper

I played a couple of games this weekend at warhammer world, same opponent and list as above for the first game and he changed to genestealer cults for the second. My word Deathwing Knights are tough! I had a squad of 7 in the first game, squad of 8 in the second and they wrecked face yet again, tanking 48 attacks including 6 rocksaws vs cults and only losing 3 men.

I did lose to iron hands again, they really are a tough proposition. I pulled off a pretty heavy victory vs cults though, having an unassailable points lead by turn 3.

One unit I've been using regularly are plasma devastators. They are really just awesome when backed up with Azrael and a Lieutenant, capable of wiping a unit per turn really on average.

Question for you deathwing knight users, what character if any aside from an ancient do you run for extra buffs alongside your knights?

Edit:

Deathwing Knight weekend kill list:

5 Abberants

20 (I think, 5 ran off) acolyte hybrids

Patriarch

5 Stalker rifle intercessors

Redemptor Dreadnought

Phobos Captain

They almost had Ferios again but he managed to tank a couple of wounds and kill the Knight Master in return to wipe them.

Edited by G8Keeper

Ancient does the job just fine, apothecary is basically redundant. I suppose if I had the points to spare I might rock a Master in Indomitus armour, or maybe Belial, but that’s super rare. Instead, usually, my go to is a termie Libby who can either run along playing support to the Knights, or go off on his own adventures on an enemy’s back line. I wish he could come in Cataphractii flavour

I shall keep him in the list.  I seem to be inept at casting righteous repugnance though :(, luckily we have Fury of the First strat (+1 to hit) to use in event of emergencies.

• 2 months later...

+++Lockdown update commencing...+++

Hi all! I've been fairly busy with work and the nipper during lockdown so have only been able to paint of an evening mostly. I haven't been idle though! Here's my current and most recently finished projects:

First up is Lazarus, this was a joy to paint and I'm pretty pleased how he turned out (I haven't got a pic with his base completed, I promise you it is though, honestly).

med_gallery_3547_14064_309338.jpg

Next we have a Smash Chaplain I'm working on saving from the filth of the Imperial Fists. This is an old pic, I've painted most of the new bits now.

med_gallery_3547_14064_353243.jpg

Thirdly we have a little firepower I'm adding to my Deathwing. This is 1 of 2 and is awaiting the grace of paint.

med_gallery_3547_14064_207447.jpg

Lastly we have my current project, well, one model of it. Tartaros Terminators! I've mostly decided on my paint schedule by way of votes from my friends group, I'd have more DA done but they've been voting for Sisters and Guard units too :tongue.:

med_gallery_3547_14064_368467.jpg

And there we have it. I'll pop up some more pics of the Tartaros boyos when I get a little further with them. Hope you are all well in these weird and scary times.

G8

You need new friends, ones that vote for Dark Angels!!!

Really nice work BTW  :tongue.:

:biggrin.:

Luckily they voted for the Tartaros squad most recently.  I shall give them Dark Angel only options in future.

And thank you :)

Edited by G8Keeper

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, another lockdown update, the pile of shame is slowly but surely diminishing.

I've completed my Tartaros Terminators, a 5-man Intercessor squad (no pics as they're basically the same as you've seen already), a 3-man Inceptor squad and am well underway with an Eliminator squad.

Tartaros Termie Sgt:

med_gallery_3547_14064_96447.jpg

With his mates:

med_gallery_3547_14064_11793.jpg

Inceptors (WIP without bases, I have the brass rod glued in now, just need to paint em up).

med_gallery_3547_14064_176349.jpg

Aaand my current WIP, Eliminators. This is just a pic to show off the camo, I went for Tiger stripe.

med_gallery_3547_14064_9876.jpg

As always thanks for perusing brothers and sisters! Happy isolation!

• 2 months later...

Another update, this time some non-Primaris in the guise of a Talonmaster. Really enjoying this one, although at one point I thought I'd bitten off more than I could chew with the checks. I've identified a nice decal from the sisters sheet to go on the book and have some odds and sods to go, but not too far off.

med_gallery_3547_14064_31042.jpg