Any ideas when the Siege of Terra novel(s) is published?

Born of Flame...another one?

I thought Old Earth was the final Kyme/HH/Salamanders novel. My god, could someone else have a crack at them...

Born of Flame is an anthology of Promethean Sun, Scorched Earth and Sons of the Forge. If there's anything new in it, it'd be the extra short, though we lack info on that.

Part of me wishes to see some more DA action before the siege, but looking at the schedules and the such seems to point towards them remaining out of the limelight up until the Scouring, where I guess detonating Traitor Homeworlds is fun

029.012.M31 - The Dark Angels destroy Chemos, the home world of the Emperor's Children

398.013.M31 - The Dark Angels destroy Barbarus, home world of the Death Guard

###.014.M31 - Siege Of Terra

The stories being published in any format before the siege is another matter though

There will probably be an anthology of all those pre-siege Advent shorts right? Now Peals Midnight, Board is Set, Duty Waits, maybe the Malcador short.

I'm sure those shorts will be collected one way or another, but we don't know yet exactly how (e.g. a pre-Siege themed anthology, a Primarchs-themed anthology, a general mish-mash...)

EH, I'd hope some more to flesh it all out before the siege, though I am fearful the siege novels won't match up to my expectations, falling into the classic "raise them so high nothing can ever match them" state of mind if you get what I mean

As long as it shows in gruesome detail The Emperor getting beaten so badly he looks like the corpse Emperor we all know and love today then I’m happy.*

Just remember He doesn’t look like he does because he’s a rotting carcass. He looks that way because Horus was a bad man.

* There May be some other plot points I want covered too ;)

As long as it shows in gruesome detail The Emperor getting beaten so badly he looks like the corpse Emperor we all know and love today then I’m happy.*

Just remember He doesn’t look like he does because he’s a rotting carcass. He looks that way because Horus was a bad man.

* There May be some other plot points I want covered too ;)

The Imperial Fist Terminator and Custodes were killed by Abaddon

Despite being a Perpetual, Oll Person dies protecting the Emperor

For the first time since he was a child, the Emperor screams and cries

Dorn rescues the Emperor but loses his HAND against Doombreed

(He was in the ship as well as N'Kari)

(Dorn losing his hand there would fuel the Codex Astartes conflict)

I don’t want Oll to die. He’s the oldest (known) Human in the entire setting!

A Perpetual has to die at the hands of Chaos without Fulgrite

To show that not even immortality can protect you against Chaos

Having Oll die there completes his personal story

No. It would just complete more of your fanatical for 'Chaos wins everytime'.

WHAT IF you dialed that a bit down?

Interested to see where they 'leave' the series and end it. As far as I understood (could have missed something) it was said at the Weekender it'll end with the Emperor's Internment?

On one hand, I can see why, ending on a high note.

On the other hand I'd really like to see the Scouring. How all Primarchs deal with the Death of Sanguinius and Horus and the loss of the Emperor. How the Loyalists lash out and hit back, how the Traitors evade and sow Chaos, betray each other and claim their own corners of the Warp.

Bear in mind the full process of writing a novel from start to bookshelves usually takes at least 9 months.

Unless it's being written by A-D-B, in which case it can take that long just to write it...

That's very quick compared to bigger publishers like Simon & Schuster or Tor, according to their writers & editors on TrekBBS or Tor.com. Interesting.

Bear in mind the full process of writing a novel from start to bookshelves usually takes at least 9 months. 

Unless it's being written by A-D-B, in which case it can take that long just to write it...

Hey, I'm speeding up again. Spear of the Emperor is almost finished and it's 'only' taken me a year so far.

Archived