Deepstrike your Myphitic Blight Haulers?

Guidebot

That's right, however we were talking about moving within 1" of a unit that didn't get declared as target for a charge.

I didn't miss that post of yours, it just had no relevance for anything I wrote.

Yea, that's how I've always believed it to work, except I personally believed that at any time during the charge if you got within 1" of an opponent, you were stuck in. However, I believe there is nothing mentioning a 'direct route' so as long as your model has the range, you take any viable route towards the close combat. I'm sure if this is wrong someone will correct me. :wink:

Yeah you can move however you want around units and terrain as long as you end up within 1" to the charged unit with at least one model.

The automatically getting stuck if you move within 1" of any opponent is not supported by the rules tho. :tongue.:

So to be clear I can move within an inch of a model with no intent to engage it in CC? (if so I've been robbing myself of an inch of movement for no reason.... not that it's a huge deal. )

No you can't move within 1“ of a model you didn't charge. If there's no way you can reach your charge target without violating that rule you simply can't charge and thus don't move.

Treat the 1“ zone around units you didn't charge as impassable terrain. Either you have enough movement range to walk around it or you simply failed the charge. ^^

That's right, however we were talking about moving within 1" of a unit that didn't get declared as target for a charge.

I didn't miss that post of yours, it just had no relevance for anything I wrote.

I mean he just said " I can move within an inch of a model with no intent to engage it in CC?" with no reference to non-targets. Which is what I answered. You can totally move within an inch of a unit you don't intend to fight, you just have to target them for a charge.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

That's true, you can move within an inch of a unit as long you declared a charge against them or you use Heroric Intervention. Now regardless if you intend to fight them or not, they (your opponent) still gets to fight with their unit.

Per the rules:

"Any unit that charged or has models within 1" of an enemy unit can be chosen to fight in the Fight phase. This includes all units, not just those controlled by the player whose turn it is."