Vanguard Vets attached to kill teams

Hello all,

My last game with Deathwatch found me tied up in combat more often than I wanted to be and left me thinking that the vanguard vet ability to fallback and shoot next turn may have been useful in some of those scenarios. So, with that in mind, how would you kit out a vanguard to attach to a shooty kill team with frag cannons or stalker bolters. Thanks for your input!

If your squad is mainly shooting and not likely to see combat that much then go basic. Having said that games now seem to be blood bath and by turn 3 both armies are in combat or greatly reduced! So I could see the benefit of a combat orientated vet, double lightning claws or something, to try and kill some attackers before falling back in your turn. Tough one :)

I would suggest a cheap gun and either a chainsword or power weapon. A hand flamer or plasma pistol would both show their worth for disengaging and blasting the enemy, but there is little reason to spend many points on a body that is going to be useless most of the time.