Advice on Watch Master Alterative conversion

TrawlingCleaner

Hi guys, just a quick bit of advice about a Watch Master that I converted (Out of hate for the current GW one). Is there anything I should change?

The height of the model itself is very slightly bigger than normal deathwatch models but I want to put it on the scenic base to look a bit more bulky.

I'm not sure what chapter I want to make him, but I think it'll be White scars/Hawk something maybe. Should I keep the bird? It's tacked on at the moment because I'm not sure it looks right. (The purple is where I knocked over a pot of wash and didn't realise until the day after when it had dried, I'm in the process of scratching it off)

Any feedback would be great

39608234732_5be970b917_c.jpgIMG_0078

39608233462_dcf36a8fd3_c.jpgIMG_0080 

39608232262_26cdbe6e6a_c.jpgIMG_0082 

38741543325_6953f30a79_c.jpgIMG_0079 

39608232852_4e13b46ab9_c.jpgIMG_0081 

The pose is grand, and impressive, though I'd leave the bird off. If you can model in some feathers... but the bird itself I always found difficult to get to fit anywhere. (I left it off my White Scars repaint Exemplar, as even there I didn't find it too natural.)

The only thing, I suppose, worth drawing attention to is that piece of rubble under his foot - it's convenient on an otherwise mostly bare surface - a little bit more rubble/debris on that flat bit would probably work well. Not too much, though!

Otherwise, I like the pose a lot.

I converted my own Watch Mistress too but, like Prot, I don't mind the current one at all either. (Indeed, I think he [the Watch Master, not Prot] has got that same dignified look my favourite ever GW miniature has: not at all impressed with your shenanigans.)

I agree I need to put some rubble on the base because it's too clean. The more I look at the model with the bird attached the more I see it doesn't really fit. I could fit with an inquisitor but not with marines.

I don't like the GW to be honest because its too static. I like the head and the armour design but for DW most baller unit, its too boring for me

Base model is the FW limited edition standard bearer, might have been an event model?

Edited by TrawlingCleaner