This Thursday on Warhammer TV...

Prot

Yeah, the prince already (presumably) has access to tzeentch daemons discipline. (So does Magnus, he has infernal gateway spell, which is the 6th spell in the tzeentch daemons discipline).

I don't think we would get two identical spells.

Most likely temporal manipulation is something to do with either buffing or debugging spell which slows down enemies or friendlies (like -1 to hit for one enemy unit, similar to aversion from interromamcy discipline. Or the enemy unit always fights last, like the mass hypnosis from gene cult discipline, etc)

If we get seer's bane back, I'm going to need to find a pickaxe bit to give an exalted sorcerer.

Don't know why, but seer's bane just sends me thinking about pickaxe cartoon characters swinging around.

As for temporal manipulation, I don't see it doing a movement debuff given that doombolt apparently does that, also would make zero sense to have on terminators in the stream as they really don't care.

I could see that as a spell cast on the sorcerer, but I highly doubt GW would make a spell that powerful to be cast on a squad or something. A full squad of rubrics or SOT’s shooting twice would be frightening!

I could see that as a spell cast on the sorcerer, but I highly doubt GW would make a spell that powerful to be cast on a squad or something. A full squad of rubrics or SOT’s shooting twice would be frightening!

Why for? tons of codexs have "shoot again" strategems. Maybe they make it a WC 9/10 spell as opposed to a 2-3 cost stratagem. 

Why for? tons of codexs have "shoot again" strategems. Maybe they make it a WC 9/10 spell as opposed to a 2-3 cost stratagem.

Right, a pair of kastellans can shoot 72 times at range. We would have 40 maybe 50 max at 12 inches. Good but certainly not the best.

Personally I 100% see us getting stuff as nasty as that proposed spell. It might be WC 8 or 9 but still worth it if it goes off.

To be honest with some of the FILTH other books can pull, a thousand sons unit shooting or fighting twice is the least of the 40k issues.....

Personally I 100% see us getting stuff as nasty as that proposed spell. It might be WC 8 or 9 but still worth it if it goes off.

To be honest with some of the FILTH other books can pull, a thousand sons unit shooting or fighting twice is the least of the 40k issues.....

i guess will be a good use for the cabalistic focus stratagem :)

I disagree with auras not making sense with us. If anything, I would argue due to the nature of our dust bunnies being able to be commanded through sorcery has aura’s making more sense. From a crunch perspective, aura’s are far more useful on a shooting army as they tend to be more stationary than assault heavy Armies which need to work harder to make sure your aura character stays in range when charging.

If they're commanded through sorcery than wouldn't buffing them via spells make more sense than an aura?

I'm not stating that spells are more effective then a aura (though they can be). It's more that I can understand why we might not get them, I get that makes me evil and :censored:. Its just its possible to get a codex that will be good and doesn't rely on them. 

One disadvantage pure Thousand Sons have had is the difficulty in acquiring command points. So I can see some extremely potent Strategems that people are proposing coming true. I imagine this would push people into super cheap Tzeentch detachments again just for this reason.

Conversely another way to give us something super strong while controlling its use would be that WC 8-9 spell. Basically you’re always going to want to attempt those with Magnus or Ahriman. And of course with matchplay it’s restricted to once per turn.

I’m reminded of Chaos oblits with MoS and the Strategem. I remind myself because that codex was Loki g okay until that combo changed everything with the tweak of oblits from index to codex. Sometimes it’s something small that could make a big difference.

From DakkaDakka

Was re-watching the stream while i was painting my tzaangors and notice that Tzaangor enlightened do in fact have 2 wounds. At about 2:20:30 eddie fails to save 1 wound on the unit but instead of taking 1 away he puts a wound counter on 1. The units maximum size is 9 and from the sounds of it the disc might be standard war gear as they described as fast and are like the eldar windriders. I'm thinking the whole unit was designed around being the thousand sons "bike" unit.

The poster also had a screenshot from the game so it looks like it will be 2W enlightened.

I wonder if "Twisting Path" is a thing. Strategem maybe... spend a cp to try and get d3? Or a relic/warlord trait for Ahriman that refunds CPs!!

That would be helpful, and really the way Ahriman and Tzeentch is so focused on sci fi fortune telling it makes sense.

I proposed a while ago that we should have a trait that gets us a CP on a 5+ whenever our opponents use a CP. this would reflect our ability to foresee the plans of inferior simpletons!

From DakkaDakka

Was re-watching the stream while i was painting my tzaangors and notice that Tzaangor enlightened do in fact have 2 wounds. At about 2:20:30 eddie fails to save 1 wound on the unit but instead of taking 1 away he puts a wound counter on 1. The units maximum size is 9 and from the sounds of it the disc might be standard war gear as they described as fast and are like the eldar windriders. I'm thinking the whole unit was designed around being the thousand sons "bike" unit.

The poster also had a screenshot from the game so it looks like it will be 2W enlightened.

I saw this post as well; exciting! They are confirmed to be at minimum 2 wounds. 

This means they are probably 15-20ish point models in that range somewhere id imagine. This means that the army list we saw previously points wise would have had either cheaper Scarabs, Cheaper Rubrics, or cheaper both. Let alone any other options. 

Interesting implications. Happy to see they are multi-wound. This means they would work very VERY well in a "rubric" heavy list, The enemy only has so many D2 or more guns ya know.  I can already see a "Super mobile" thousand sons list in my minds eye for this codex, 2-3 units of Rubrics in rhinos, another dropping down from the portal strategem, a unit or 2 of disc tzaangors and disc sorcerers flying around with the rhinos and disc goats. 

I could see a list like that having a great deal of potential. They may need support to be effective but ya know what? our list is designed for that kinda deal. 

From DakkaDakka

I saw this post as well; exciting! They are confirmed to be at minimum 2 wounds. 

This means they are probably 15-20ish point models in that range somewhere id imagine. This means that the army list we saw previously points wise would have had either cheaper Scarabs, Cheaper Rubrics, or cheaper both. Let alone any other options. 

Interesting implications. Happy to see they are multi-wound. This means they would work very VERY well in a "rubric" heavy list, The enemy only has so many D2 or more guns ya know.  I can already see a "Super mobile" thousand sons list in my minds eye for this codex, 2-3 units of Rubrics in rhinos, another dropping down from the portal strategem, a unit or 2 of disc tzaangors and disc sorcerers flying around with the rhinos and disc goats. 

I could see a list like that having a great deal of potential. They may need support to be effective but ya know what? our list is designed for that kinda deal. 

I guess that they are around 20-25 pts. less than 20 would probably be a bit too cheap. Granted they probably won't have anything better than 5++, but i doubt they would be so much less than the screamers, especially if they are T5 as well...

From DakkaDakka

I also feel like rhinos would be good, as the enemy would have a choice of firing ont eh rhinos that carry rubrics and possibly sorcerers, that might deal a lot of damage or the mutalith that will be running alongside them and buffing them :) 

Seems like it would really be a fun army to play with and a lot of tricks up our sleeve. Just hoping for some kind of change to exalted sorcerers and it would be perfect :D

I wonder if "Twisting Path" is a thing. Strategem maybe... spend a cp to try and get d3? Or a relic/warlord trait for Ahriman that refunds CPs!!

That would be helpful, and really the way Ahriman and Tzeentch is so focused on sci fi fortune telling it makes sense.

I proposed a while ago that we should have a trait that gets us a CP on a 5+ whenever our opponents use a CP. this would reflect our ability to foresee the plans of inferior simpletons!

Or better to "steal" or negate their CP usage. Or on a 5+ make the opponent lose or spend an extra CP.

Since the gain CP on X+ is everywhere now but there is nothing to limit or negate CP use.

Or better to "steal" or negate their CP usage. Or on a 5+ make the opponent lose or spend an extra CP.

Since the gain CP on X+ is everywhere now but there is nothing to limit or negate CP use.

Callidus Assassin :)

Archived