Custodes rules as Movie Marines?

Seems reasonable.

As long as the army was consistent in how it portrayed weapon options and such.

Like say, all primaris models equipped with a bolter and power sword are using guardian spear rules, and so on.

Seems reasonable.

As long as the army was consistent in how it portrayed weapon options and such.

Like say, all primaris models equipped with a bolter and power sword are using guardian spear rules, and so on.

Yep, that's exactly the intent. And since there's no antitank in Custodes as of yet, I'd just use appropriate dreadnoughts.

If I was running movie marines I’d just be running a supreme command detachment and make them all captains or lieutenants. Maybe make all the boltguns count as stormbolters, do some wacky counts as for melee weapons. I’m not sure I would run custodes for it but there’s nothing stopping you.

A bit weird as they would be better in CC then in shooting. This isn't typical for Marines

Now guess again which Chapter they would be from, eh? :D

If I was running movie marines I’d just be running a supreme command detachment and make them all captains or lieutenants. Maybe make all the boltguns count as stormbolters, do some wacky counts as for melee weapons. I’m not sure I would run custodes for it but there’s nothing stopping you.

I think personally that Movie Marines require higher S/T/W than 4/4/2 or 4/4/3. The resilience and utter face-wreckign ability of Custodes matches what I'm going for far more. Them buffing all IMPERIAL armies with the Vexila is also something that fits the bill.

I think this idea is perfect to build a "Siege of Terra defenders" movie-marines force.

I think my basic force would be:

Battalion

HQs / Heroes to taste

- Blood Angel dread (because as we know they have loads in 40k, so maybe they did too back then?)

- Imperial Fist terminators

- White Scar bikers

- One unit of "despoilers" per Legion (Spear custodians modeled as bolter+chain sword/spear/whatever)

+ Fill up remaining points

+ Edit: Now that I think about it, the Fists would need to be fielded as a Breacher (Sword and board) squad instead of despoilers...

Alright, that settles it. I'll have to give this a go. True-scaled defenders of Terra it is... Dammit.

Edited by Spinsanity

I think this idea is perfect to build a "Siege of Terra defenders" movie-marines force.

I think my basic force would be:

Battalion

HQs / Heroes to taste

- Blood Angel dread (because as we know they have loads in 40k, so maybe they did too back then?)

- Imperial Fist terminators

- White Scar bikers

- One unit of "despoilers" per Legion (Spear custodians modeled as bolter+chain sword/spear/whatever)

+ Fill up remaining points

+ Edit: Now that I think about it, the Fists would need to be fielded as a Breacher (Sword and board) squad instead of despoilers...

Alright, that settles it. I'll have to give this a go. True-scaled defenders of Terra it is... Dammit.

Aaaaand my task is done :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually thinking of fielding a Custodes "Movie Custodes" force reflecting every model in the army as a Shield Captain or Vexilla. Every biker, every Terminator, every Custodian, all using the Shield-Captain profile. Wind up with like a fourteen or fifteen models at 2000 points, no vehicles and all characters...

This is the current plan for my Iron Snakes homage.