renaming to orks... just like aeldari and drewcarey

Triszin

Krork is the most likely, other than just doing Orruk again, as that name at least has some established lore behind it (from the old Necron fluff, where the Orks were one of the last 'Young Races' created by the Old Ones).

I mean, they shouldn't, because all their renaming, both AoS and 40k, have been kinda asinine and sounded awful (I know some of the old names do too in isolation, but they at least had the weight of history making them seem less dumb). But ho hum.

Sigmar renamed their orks ...

Point of order here, but in WFB, they were known as 'Orcs'. Go look it up and come back. 'Orc', of course, was a generic word not easily copyrighted and thus a casualty of the legal department. Changing the 'c' to a 'k', however, likely changes all that and for this reason I don't expect the word to change any time soon. Given that recent books still use the term, it appears that GW concurs.

Wouldn't be surprised if they just work "Krork" in somehow anyway. It further adds to the "uniqueness" of 40k Orks. Rampaging Orcs who fight elves? Totally Tolkien. Orks, rampaging fungus warriors who grow larger with brutal combat, can be dismembered and just have a different body part slapped on, and who power their technology from a combination of racial memory and psychic willpower fields? Much easier to defend as an original creation. But just in case, having them occasionally referred to as the Krork in official products can't hurt in case "Ork" is ever ruled to be a non-protectable trademark.

I'd be happy with Kork or Orruk. They're green skins either way. 
I would hope a "rebranding" would also bring with it something interesting. I love close combat and all but it would be nice to have more ways to play that were frighting to the other player.
Hope they'll bring up some stuff from the Old School to give us some new things to play with. 

I'd imagine that if they felt the need to change the name, it would have happened in 8th, like Aeldari and Drukkhari and T'au. No, I think the 'k' is enough to distinguish between GW's IP and common law. After all, I can't think of a single instance of the term "Ork" outside of 40k.

Anyways, I'd also prefer they don't change the name, whether it's from outdated fluff like Krork, borrowing from AoS like Orruk, or just making up something new.

I think it's T'au now. The pointless change isn't my cup of T'ea. :tongue.:

yep tau are now T'AU.

also

Ork spell forward and backwards is....

KRORK

------

It represents the duality of orks, KRO is Gork, ORK is MORK

KRORK GORKAMORKA

Edited by Triszin

Haha, yeah back in the days all the boxes and blisters said "Space Orks". Dunno why, but it just felt so silly. :happy.:

http://www.solegends.com/citrt2/rtb13spaceorks/SpaceOrkBox1x-01.jpg

God that box brings back memories. :wub:

Gorkamorkans? Morkagorkans?

I wish they renamed them Korks, I am already picturing an army of bottle corks advancing through the gaming table.

Nah not a whole army. Only Kommandos would look like that, because of their disguises.

Incorrect, fish 'eadz and pansies.

FTFY ;)

• 2 weeks later...

They could go for "Super awesome green mean fighting fungus from outer space" . They would still be orks to me. Like Aeldari will always be Eldar Pointy-ears and T'au, Tau Fish-faces. ;)

Pellis Viridian Bellicosia Fungi ex Spatio if you’re, like, not into the whole brevity thing, man.