First game with AC. AC+GK versus Nids

A 2,500 point game.

Some observations.

Both myself and my opponent felt a little sad that the GK models seemed to really underperform compared to their AC cousins.  I had voldus, who did work, but apart from that, the GK died in droves and were completely overshadowed.

The AC beat face in CC.  They will ruin your CC army.  Want to beat them? spam MW and shooting. ;)

I lost a SC on Dawneagle to two smite casts...  The 6+++ doesn't really help, and Voldus burned through his 3 deny attempts every round until he died.  Unless you face Necrons (or Sisters I suppose) you will need to ally in some sort of Psychic Defense for your AC.

Wardens are bonkers.  I ran a squad of 10, with SC and Vex with -1 to hit.  They weren't shot at (I faced a CC heavy Nid list), but I lost 3 all game.  They charged into CC and killed anything they looked at, with Spears and the +1 wound roll strat.

Even one shotting (dealing 24 wounds on the charge with only 8 I think) a FW bio titan.  They lost 1 guy to his flamer overwatch, then ripped him apart.

The bikes are solid.  Reroll wounds on the charge helps with their S6 and they are durable.  I ran three as SC with Hurricane Bolters.

The AC shooting is surprisingly solid.  It's the D2 that really helps.

My opponent felt they weren't fun to face.  Too much hit on 2s for everything, with everyone having reroll 1s.  But I think when he goes shooty heavy (2 exo's and 9 biovores... gah) next time we face, it'll be a different game.

Tabled the nids turn 6, with a healthy VP score lead. 

Now to try to fit Allarus into the lists.