2000 point Space marine army

Hello there, 

I'm looking to make a loyalist Death Guard army using the Space marine codex. I've been playing them as Death Guard using their own codex but fancy a change. The last time I played them as loyalists was back in 7th Edition when I  used the Medusa Strike force formation and ran them as Iron Hands. I want to know what would help make the list competitive and what needs to be cut. I don't want to use primaries marines as I want the army from a fluff point of view to of just come out of the warp after fleeing from the Istivan event. It would be nice to include some models from Forge World but I'd rather make the army competitive.

So a rough outline of what I'm currently thinking: (Battalion, Spearhead and Aux. Super heavy) =7CP

Capter Tactics - Ultramarines? / Salamanders? / Raven Guard?

Battalion 

Captain - Power sword (Burning Blade), master crafted boltgun

Librarian- Staff and boltgun

Tactical squad - plasma gun combi plasma (5 man)

Spearhead

Lieutenant - Bolt pistol and master crafted riffle 

Predator - Autocannon and 2 Lascannons 

Predator - Autocannon and 2 Lascannons 

Thunderfire cannon 

Aux. Super Heavy

Knight Crusader - Gattaling cannon with heavy flamer, thermal cannon, heavy stubber and stormspear rocket pod.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hello, brother.

Maybe you should try, due to their resilence, Iron Hands CT too. From the list, I don't actually like librarians. Maybe try another techmarine instead, so you can have another source of regaining wounds for your vehicles.

I also feel that that list lacks of board presence, so I'd suggest taking 5 men intercessor squads with grenade launchers, as I found them very usefull versus infantry and the second wound makes them quite resilent too.

Hope you find my advise usefull!