Blood Angels scout power cost 4 vs C:SM power level 6

ddarz

Was leafing through my SO's Blood Angel codex and her Scouts are Power Level 4, much to my surprise.
The actual points costs are the same, but we are warming to power level for quicker list building. 

I'm happy the scouts got a cut, since power level 6 for 5 scouts was excessive in my opinion, but this does not seems to have carried over to the C:SM codex in any FAQ - so my Raptors are a bit salty

Am I missing anything obvious here? Any other differences?

Both Blood Angels & Dark Angels Scouts are 4 power. Aside from army special rules, they are identical to Space Marine Scouts. No other unit in either the Space Marines, Blood Angels or Dark Angels Codex* has different power levels, so it's nothing to do with special rules. The conclusion is that Space Marine Scouts are significantly over-costed in power.

Don't expect a fix anytime soon. We're still waiting on the horrendously over-costed chainfists to be adjusted for Space Marines. They fixed it for Chaos but for some reason decided to keep the Marine ones at a points level where they're not worth using. Even more perplexing, they released the Blood Angel and Dark Angel Codexs with Marine cost chainfists.

GW are getting better, but their balancing has a lot to be improved. It's still all over the place.

*I think. May have missed something.

They're getting used to this whole "Changing things during the edition" rather than attempting changes at edition switch which was a poor idea anyway because that's when rules changed and some things got better and some things got worse.

The key thing is they are least trying to some extent adjust things. I am curious to see what the big FAQ will be like when it comes round. Doubt it will be points adjustments but if it is, that would be nice.