Exalted sorcerers

Paladin777

Seer's Bane and/or recipient for multiple Boon's is the only reasons why I'd field a Exalted over Ahriman/Daemon Princes.

It's very strange (and sad) that Terminator Sorcerers can take familiars but Exalted Sorcerers can't. Doesn't make any sense.

Maybe because Exalted Sorcs were actual TS Legionaires and "learned" their lesson with Tutelaries and Termi Sorcs joined the TS later and still dont know better (hence the "borrowed" power only lasts for their first cast)?

The problem with exalted, once you say "lets budget the casting", you have to ask yourself-why not budget it even further with a regular sorcerer?

I mean, your budget exalted is probably after you got ahriman and at least one prince/magnus around.

Beyond a warlord for a small scale army in a game that forbids named characters, I just can't see a reason to take one. they are just middle of the road between your regular sorcerer and a prince-but both edges has distinct advantages, while the exalted is wishy-washy.

That is a wonderful goal! How do you intend to using them?

Set of 3 at least, 2 on disc, 1 on foot. the on foot sorcerer would babysit my fire base (I use lots of daemon engines and tanks, and walkers) so a Las-pred, Forgefiend with cannons and plasma face, defiler with all guns firing downrange.  and I *LOVE* my thousand sons forgeworld contemptors, they honestly fix a major issue that we have as a faction; Quantity shooting. we need VOLUME, not quality. we have quality in plethora, Kheres helps us grind down hordes, and with our codex we can actually put out quite good damage and buffs. 

A Vortex beast and some tzaangors will have a place depending on list design. but I have to finalize list design once I have the codex and some games under my belt cause right now its theory-hammer. 

His spell casting buffs (the one on foot) + re-rolling 1's should be quite good and hes no slouch in combat if someone tries to lock down an engine I need shooting stuff elsewhere on the table. 

30 some odd tzaangors, 20 or so rubrics maybe 30. idk yet.  Ill balance a decent list around it, ends up with 7 command points, spend 2 pre-game, one for relic, one for dropping either tzaangors or one squad or rubrics in someones face. 

This is of course a rough draft since I only have internet info and no in-hand of the dex yet but thats the basic idea. engines, rubrics, exalted, shoot and cast till im blue in the face. should do the trick in most games, but will need adjusting. 

Edited by Sonoftherubric21

Seer's Bane and/or recipient for multiple Boon's is the only reasons why I'd field a Exalted over Ahriman/Daemon Princes.

It's very strange (and sad) that Terminator Sorcerers can take familiars but Exalted Sorcerers can't. Doesn't make any sense.

Probably because the Terminator Lord kit comes with a plastic little familiar. The Exalted Sorcerer kit does not. If the model doesn't have the familiar then they can't get it.

Go for it Sonofeubric!

For me persoanlly if i budget for an exalted i wont go down further to a sorc and lose the superior statline which i plan on putting to good use.

It all comes down to what each of us are willing or not willing to pay for because of our perceived values of options and how we each might benefit.

Thats why forum discussions are great! I have become more open to a termie hq due to our discussions.

Edited by Skerr

Have been contemplating a FW order lately myself and Helforged Contemptor always seems a good option. Also thought about 2 deimos rhinos and hellforged pred (love that classic pre heresy design..)and did i mention the Achilles Land Raider? I would be interested in hearing your contemplator loadout. You have to buy weapons a la carte correct?

However im starting to feel less armor (not zero armor) is needed with more mortal wounds access and enlightened. Oddly enough, the last week i have been drawn to demon engines suddenly wanting both fiends to add as options (and would i paint in cold white as my Rubrics or hot rod metallic blue as my termies) when i had absolute zero interest before from a play or collecting perspective. Weird... change is in the air.

Sorry to wander off topic.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by Skerr

Have been contemplating a FW order lately myself and Helforged Contemptor always seems a good option. Also thought about 2 deimos rhinos and hellforged pred (love that classic pre heresy design..)and did i mention the Achilles Land Raider? I would be interested in hearing your contemplator loadout. You have to buy weapons a la carte correct?

However im starting to feel less armor (not zero armor) is needed with more mortal wounds access and enlightened. Oddly enough, the last week i have been drawn to demon engines suddenly wanting both fiends to add as options (and would i paint in cold white as my Rubrics or hot rod metallic blue as my termies) when i had absolute zero interest before from a play or collecting perspective. Weird... change is in the air.

Sorry to wander off topic.

Looking forward to it.

I absolutely love Contemptors. Combat, shooting, or mixed arms. 

I use the C-beamer and the Kheres guns on mine. I don't bother with anything else. either quantity, or quality shots. A along with pretty decent combat and overall stats. Grindy grindy! 

Personally I think the butcher cannons are the best choice. A sort of mix of the assault cannon and autocannon plus a -2 leadership. With that, and a mutilith you might just greet treason of Tzeentch to work...

Thanks guys, reroll 1 auras sounds great on those.

I can totally see the exalted sorcerer, with 3rd eye helm, temporal manipulating the demon engines from b... i mean healing your dinobots (i want 2 fiends now also!).

I LOVE forgefiends in our list, ours is one of the few that make the buggers GOOD for their points costs. Temporal + a 1cp swap for Flickering Fire (the daemon spell for +1 to wound) toss that spell on one of the engines every turn, either Defiler loaded for shooty or a Forgefiend.  

If you *really* need a target damage alot then toss out a daemonforge, watch those D2 shots stack up. re-roll 1's innately, re roll all with Daemonforge if need be, and re roll ALL failed wounds at +1 to wound, wounding on 3's against T8's, and 2's against T7 targets or less, only -1 ap but the sheer number of wounds means every failure HURTS. 

We are one of the few lists that makes Forgefiends worth it. 

I will never understand +(lazy ass mother :censored:)+ why the ES didn't get a smaller version of Magnus aura.

Would help TS not to go bumm in the P. phase. :dry.: Can we tell that GW?

Oh yeah and while we are at it can we also tell them that the AS needs access to the DH powers because all the buffspells are there and as "Eddie" said AS is a buff character... +(by their own logic)+ and the ES is for the "big spells". +(18powers bloody buzzword!)+

I would also argue that the ES should get access to the Demonspells but I guess that would be too much.

+(Not that we could cast millions of spells with the rule of one that should balance this stuff argh!)+

+(Ignore the little angry font)+

EDIT: Quick question does the "Tzeentch Demon" keyword on the disc ES do anything? Beside not allowing boon.

Edited by WarriorFish
Swear filter dodge replaced

Yeah, riding a disc and getting the daemon keyword means that anything that affects <daemons> affects the sorcerer. So heralds give a strength buff, you can cast boon of change on them, etc.

Huh....boon of change has some possiblities, though I think for us Boon of Change would be wonderful on a large unit of enlightened. 

Im all for it actually. Probability is probability. Though I understand the "go big or go home" aspect. Folks want a return on points and/ or reliability when we take an action, unit etc.

I was really hoping for a boon of change type that effected 1000 sons infantry. I would take any of those 3 effects on my SOTs easy or goats. But i also thought the effects lasted all game and could combine with the other as the game progressed so not as good as i originally thought.

The mutation table for 1000 sons seems much more random though I will likley take it in matched play due to my psycher count. Gotta get something good at some point 9" range and all. WC7 might be a tad steep for randomness.

Played my first game tonight, against Ad Mech. 

he took a Semi-Competitive list (his words). 3 kastellans, cawl, Graia troops, 4 of the chicken taser walkers, he took a Cuelexus. More stuff i cant recall

I cant remember all in his list. 

I won by a slim margin. but it was REALLY close. the enlightened actually failed kind of miserably. but that was bad placement, our buffs on rubrics are just ridiculous. we can reliably shoot even hardy units off the table. 

Edited by Sonoftherubric21