Alternative model for the Mutalith?

Minsc

I played Warriors of Chaos in 8th Ed. WFB when the Mutalith was introduced.

I didn't like the Mutalith back then, and I still don't like it now.

It's also quite expensive.

So, anyone have any ideas for a fitting alternative model for the Mutalith?

Unfortunately Tomb Kings kits will bankrupt you these days, and I don't REALLY think Alarielle's beetle really fits, but it's not a terrible idea.

You could try a chimera of some sort (Chaotic or from other companies), but I don't think it QUITE fits as well. I don't really like the Mutalith model as well, but I think it's very hard to find a suitably chaotic model that looks better, fits the size, and blends well with the aesthetic of the army. The Sphinx does all those things, but I don't really have an arm and a leg to spare...

I am combining the following items to make my Mutalith Vortex Beast:

-Balewind Vortex

-40k Flier base (the big oval one the Heldrake has)

-Spirit Hosts

The spirit hosts will be twirling around the vortex funnel and will all be glowing ethereal green. I am going to put something on top but have no idea what yet.

I was thinking about scratching the entire idea except the base and spirit hosts, and having a floating Sanakht bound by chains like a demon host......... Because Athenaeum, amirite? No one around here would really mind it. 

The problem I see with an alternative model to the mutilith vortex beast. There is not a good cheap alternative. When i look for alternative models I look at cost first otherwise I just stick with the normal model. Though I like the vortex beast model.