it begins. (DIY Halo-style vehicles - FLYER)

Nostromo

You are making good progress :smile.:

I am certain you can write a book by now on how things work best or worse for this kind of model building. It certainly is inspirational work that you are doing here.

Keep up the good work :smile.:

Thanks - that's much appreciated!

I think i could indeed write that book by now... if i only think about the by now 7 different approaches of building vents...

Next time i build something interesting, i will include a mini-tutorial.

For now, i just have another unimpressive, but nonetheless time-eating (about 7 hours) update.

The parts from #122 are applied by now - and somehow, it did not fit, so i had to redraw 1/3 of them.

Also applied is the rear landing gear and the first parts for the hull bottom. Now, i am slowly moving to the cockpit.

So, this kind of surface details is done by about 90% now.

Then a few more of a different kind (for example the cargo mount points on the rear bottom), a chin mounted gatling-gun / multilaser or whatever is valid some day (ok... i will make it magnetised & interchangable. I will need to cut the hull open for this again)

gallery_20618_14115_7245.jpg

• 6 months later...

Update after a long, long pause.

For the moment, photos of the now almos finished front.

gallery_20618_14115_25914.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_23347.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_16257.jpg

You won't believe how long just the three small parts that make up the coverage of the nose (and the housing of the gun that was still missing when i took the photos) took...

I forgot to take photos of progress on the rear section...

Those surface details are almost done, only a few square inches left on the rear.

Then a few fins, maybe some weapons?

If only i had not forgotten to include magnets under the wings...

That's one way of putting it :P Good to see you back progress looks good. What sort of weapons will you be mounting? After going to all this effort it seems a waste not to give it lascannons to be a Vendetta but I recall not hearing great things. Though if magnets are an option I would of course recommend this route to have your cake and eat it :)

IF (more) weapons... then of course any option available to equip it as any thinkable variant.

However, there are 2 "But"'s:

1. even if i would drill the underside of the wings open to sink magnets in, the wings would get too heavy for the magnets that hold them
  2. it IS already armed. Missiles and either 2 twin lascannons, autocannons or maybe even heavy bolters in the wings (i think i will drill out the holes and set nozzles in) and a chin-mounted vulcano... errrhhh.... okay, by now i have built and attached it, and it looks more like a 3-barrelled assault cannon

gallery_20618_14115_1381.jpg

see where the wing mounted weapons are?

• 2 weeks later...