Custodes Companions Lore Question

Hi all, I’m currently painting some Custodes up for a 30k league and have a question about the Companions.

I’m planning on marking out the Companions with a purple helmet plume. This will obviously apply to Hetaeron Guard Valdor, and I’ll add some purple to my Telemon. The question relates to Shield Captains. Are they all Companions, or only some of them? Or have they served some time as Companions before moving on?

Hi all, I’m currently painting some Custodes up for a 30k league and have a question about the Companions.

I’m planning on marking out the Companions with a purple helmet plume. This will obviously apply to Hetaeron Guard Valdor, and I’ll add some purple to my Telemon. The question relates to Shield Captains. Are they all Companions, or only some of them? Or have they served some time as Companions before moving on?

Promotion and command for the Custodes is not linear, some officers may have served with the Companions but others will not have and IIRC no alternate scheme has been outlined for the Companions. The Warders from the 40k Codex are likely your best starting place for the uniform of the Companions, lower body robes and alternate helmets. If you want to mark them out with purple well FW painted up Ixion Hale with a purple robe, which was on his lower body, so it's something some Custodians may wear and would help make them visually distinct and may have signified his position as a former or acting Companion.