Terminator Ancient (how to get)

dread05

Since 8th the terminator ancient is a stand alone figure. The assault terminators kit has 5 terminators, which is the minimum for a squad. The question is, how do you get your ancient now without ending with a 4 man squad? Should I buy bits and build one? Or buy a single terminator from space hulk from ebay? Are they the same size? Given that I'm planning to build them with thunder hammers and  stormshields, there is brother Gideon from space hulk who could fill the last spot in the squad.

I have Karlaen from the start collecting also, but I'm gonna use him as an actual terminator captain. I already ordered Sergeant Gideon and a 40mm base from ebay, now the challenge will be to remove his old base without doing too much damage on his feet.

Use gideon as is for a terminator sergeant, use a multipart termiantor as the ancient, convert a storm shield holding hand into a banner hand using a sanguinary guard banner maybe? Or go deathwings and stick it on his back.

I didnt catch that. Why do I have to convert? Cant I just slam the banner on the model which was supposed to be for the sergeant istead of his stormshield ? 

I mean, all hammers are right handed, all stormshields and the banner are on the left hand in the blood angels assault terminators kit. Am I missing something?

Like this https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/44311f8ed846d958d798488e184c4e17/5B198984/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/25013048_1791627291136483_3208011494012747776_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY2ODQzMjE1MzE0NTU1MjY5NQ%3D%3D.2

Edited by dread05

Ok, no worries, I thought the aim was to build a TDA ancient without buying the assault termies box - meaning you don't get the banner.

After a re-read - you're buying the box and need another body - comprehension fail :happy.:

Edited by Xenith

• 2 weeks later...

When I get back home I'll show you one of the dark vengeance TDAs I've converted to be either a banner bearer or a sergeant. I usually don't blow my own horn on kitbashed and conversions but I'm really happy with how he's turning out.

Keen to see that DV banner bearer conversion, I have a few of these guys lying around that need to be used! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sergeant Gideon has arrived to my dad's home, so far he removed the space hulk base, I have to pick him up and asseble tho. I'd like to put a terminator helmet on him since I want only characters to have bare heads but I dont think I can fit it in there.

Well technically he is a CHARACTER :smile.:

He is yes :P But he's gonna act like a normal terminator sergeant. Maybe for the 1st company I'll have all sergeants with bare heads. Not anyone can become a sergeant in the archangels anyway.