Terminator Ancient (how to get)

dread05

Sergeant Gideon from space hulk arrived today. Has anyone assembled space hulk minis before? Do you glue them? I didnt work on him cause my tools are at my other house, but while dry fitting it felt like those little tubes didnt quite fit into the holes. Do I widen the holes? Do i cut the tubes and just glue the parts? Will it leave big gaps either way that they'll require green stuff to fill?? :tongue.:

Edited by dread05

My Gideon proved very easy to assemble without glue and no additional work was required.

Generally the parts are designed fit each other in only one way. So I think that if you were to simply cut the tubes/holes and use just glue, it would be just fine. And no green stuffing would be needed.

Maybe it was just my luck, but the shield for example went only half the way into the hole before it stopped moving. I was araid it would break when I tried to move it more. The hammer part didnt even go into the hole at all.

I assembled Gideon today, I have a question. Is that little shoulder plate supposed to latch into something on the left shoulderpad? When I look it above above it seems it kinda hovers there. Im pretty sure I did a good assembly, I dry fitted every part before gluing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm I just realised the Archangel standard rerolls hits and not wounds. I thought it was like the SG standard. I thought I had a nice reroll bubble, with the terminator captain for hits and the ancient for wounds. Do I even need the ancient now? Is there any reason to run him? I was planning to build him with a storm bolter, but if he's there just for the cool factor, I might as well go with the thunder hammer on him.

So the only incentive i can see for the guy is in termie heavy lists as a backup to a captain. Since they are in a bit of a quagmire at the moment, I don't think he's really necessary. Just makes it synergize with termie is all I can see. And it looks cool. Edited by Spagunk