Custodes for Deathwatch

Prot

I wonder if these guys might help my beleaguered Deathwatch?

I’m always looking for a way to make the Deathwatch more viable and I wonder if this would bring more close combat support allowing the Deathwatch to use their flyers and Fragcannon support without the fear of getting too close by having the Custodes kind of be the tough guys.

So you think this has a chance of working? Or would it be too elite for an army with enough elite costed unit problems?

If you were to bring Custodes to support Deathwatch, what would you take?

If you are wanting a good diversion force maybe a vanguard of an Allarus Shield captain with some terminators and the -1 to hit Allarus banner?  Once all of them drop on turn one if you have spare CP you can unleash the lions and turn all of those terminators into individual units.  

In this way I would have my kill teams moving fast up the board while a bunch of 2+ 4++ 4 wound models wreak havoc near the opponent. Once they both get in effective range you'll have those devastating frag cannons and the nasty CC punch of the terminators for opponents to deal with.

Bear in mind this is just my idea of a really cool looking force, others may have some ideas I haven't thought of!

I don't think adding some Custodes would make the DW too elite - mainly cause the Custodes are actually really good elites (subject, of course, to the inherent disadvantages of being elite) compared to the...not so good of the DW.

As for what to add, it depends on how many points and CP you want to commit. The triple Jetbike SC is of course really good (albiet only 3 models) but is 450 points. An Allarus Vanguard (SC, VP, 2x 3-man Allarus sodalities) is getting towards 800, but is a huge deep strike bomb. You can make it a bit cheaper by turning one of the Allarus sodalities into Wardens and using the CP from the Vanguard to deep strike them. If you want a "cheaper" splash, a Patrol Detachment of a SC in Allarus (for the free deep strike) and three Guard (1 CP to deep strike) is about 300 and you can bulk that sodality up if desired.