TS faq up

Archaeinox

Yeah but then again the GKs models all are Psyker while with the TSons only the "champion" is the Psyker so such a wording wouldn't make too much sense.

Imo the best way to handle it would've been to give the Sorcerer a different section of keywords and to clarify that the suffered Mortal wounds from perils don't spill over to the unit. About the explosion once the Sorcerer dies....well it would make sense for the rest of the Rubric squad to suffer from those Mortal wounds as well I guess.

Except the unit champion doesnt have separate keywords from the unit itself. The rubric squad has the psyker keyword.

Yeah but then again the GKs models all are Psyker while with the TSons only the "champion" is the Psyker so such a wording wouldn't make too much sense.

Imo the best way to handle it would've been to give the Sorcerer a different section of keywords and to clarify that the suffered Mortal wounds from perils don't spill over to the unit. About the explosion once the Sorcerer dies....well it would make sense for the rest of the Rubric squad to suffer from those Mortal wounds as well I guess.

Except the unit champion doesnt have separate keywords from the unit itself. The rubric squad has the psyker keyword.

That's why I said he should have it.

If you want something for Perils, set aside 78pts and Summon a Herald of Tz in order to get access to Gaze of Fate. It is worth attempting each turn and if you get through the psychic phase without problems it can be a re-rolled charge or lascannon damage roll or something.

Edited by Archaeinox

If you want something for Perils, set aside 78pts and Summon a Herald of Tz in order to get access to Gaze of Fate. It is worth attempting each turn.

Or run a Daemon Prince. :P

Our Daemon Princes are awesome, especially with a 3++.

I only periled once in my last game, but I've had games where it felt like every other manifest ended up in PotW. Dice are fickle, that's why we pray to Tzeentch on a daily basis.

If you want something for Perils, set aside 78pts and Summon a Herald of Tz in order to get access to Gaze of Fate. It is worth attempting each turn.

Or run a Daemon Prince. :tongue.:

Our Daemon Princes are awesome, especially with a 3++.

I only periled once in my last game, but I've had games where it felt like every other manifest ended up in PotW. Dice are fickle, that's why we pray to Tzeentch on a daily basis.

This. My Daemon Prince runs Gaze and I used that in my last game as Perils mitigation, rather successfully. I also take Temporal Manipulation to help multi-wound Psykers recover from Perils.

Regarding the perils, i thought it would provide thus far unnoticed foresight which it doesnt. If I a psyker dies from perils of the warp then units within 6" take D3 mortal wounds. In the rubric section very clearly the aspiring sorcerer casts the power but the unit has the keyword. So if the aspiring sorcerer takes perils mortal wounds the channel of the power dies, but the psyker hasn't died because the unit still exists. In the end the perils of the warp wording its psyker not PSYKER...i think the argument can go either way.

Really hoped they would do something with the ES giving them +1 in their first psy. test or a 6" Magnus aura. 'Sigh'

There is such a big disconnection between how they are portrayed in the codex and how they function in game; very displeased with this.

I’m thinking about making some custom rules for Exalteds; I guess I will post them later this week.

Also “fixing” some of our other problems like big M. dying too early, hope you guys will like it.

Regarding the perils, i thought it would provide thus far unnoticed foresight which it doesnt. If I a psyker dies from perils of the warp then units within 6" take D3 mortal wounds. In the rubric section very clearly the aspiring sorcerer casts the power but the unit has the keyword. So if the aspiring sorcerer takes perils mortal wounds the channel of the power dies, but the psyker hasn't died because the unit still exists. In the end the perils of the warp wording its psyker not PSYKER...i think the argument can go either way.

Yeah it's all up in the air.

Does the AS take D3 mortal wounds (so dies) and then nothing more happens because Rubrics/SOT's are in a unique position atm.

Does the AS take D3 mortal wounds and die, causing another D3 to the unit for a total of 2D3 mortal wounds?

Does the AS take D3 mortal wounds and die, causing another D3 to the unit for every Rubric who died because they're all technically <psykers>, for a total of up to 10D3 mortal wounds?

Does the unit take D3 mortal wounds, meaning that you don't actually have to kill of your AS, for ta total of 1D3 mortal wounds? (no psyker died, only "<psykers>".)

Does the unit take D3 mortal wounds, causing another D3 to the unit for every  Rubric who dies because they're all <psykers> for a total of up to 10D3 mortal wounds?

Yeah nah, good job GW. Let's not FAQ the thing that actually needs clarification...

What a mess, what a mess hope it's cleared up soon.

I have to agree on the Exalted a bit. Overall I am happy with them though to give the familiar to only the termie seems shortsided.

I went to my chaos bitz box to find the familiar and realized it goes on its own base... that makes it more odd because the mini is not even attached to the Sorcerers base and can be used with other models. I love the idea someone posted on here about using a lil screamer from the enlightened kit. Stealing that idea.

Yeah it's all up in the air.

Does the AS take D3 mortal wounds (so dies) and then nothing more happens because Rubrics/SOT's are in a unique position atm.

Does the AS take D3 mortal wounds and die, causing another D3 to the unit for a total of 2D3 mortal wounds?

Does the AS take D3 mortal wounds and die, causing another D3 to the unit for every Rubric who died because they're all technically <psykers>, for a total of up to 10D3 mortal wounds?

Does the unit take D3 mortal wounds, meaning that you don't actually have to kill of your AS, for ta total of 1D3 mortal wounds? (no psyker died, only "<psykers>".)

Does the unit take D3 mortal wounds, causing another D3 to the unit for every  Rubric who dies because they're all <psykers> for a total of up to 10D3 mortal wounds?

Yeah nah, good job GW. Let's not FAQ the thing that actually needs clarification...

This is not meant to offend - but how on earth anyone would interpret the rules to actually do d3 mortals to every model in a chain reaction, is beyond me.

I think the community could sometimes benefit from sitting back and do some rational thinking instead of taking rules-lawyering to the extreme, as it tends to be the case here in 8th. There are weird holes, not that I don't see them, but the way people are twisting them, seems absolutely bonkers to me. When I get my TS going, if anyone claims it's to be played that way, I'll pack my bags and leave without hestitation.

I know you are just presenting some spins on how this could be interpreted, I'm not saying you are that guy, Minsc, it's more of a general observation.

Regards

Mortal Wounds

Some attacks in ict mortal wounds – these are so powerful that no armour or force eld can withstand their fury. Each mortal wound in icts one point of damage on the target unit. Do not make a wound roll or saving throw (including invulnerable saves) against a mortal wound – just allocate it as you would any other wound and in ict damage to a model in the target unit as described above. Unlike normal attacks, excess damage from attacks that in ict mortal wounds is not lost. Instead keep allocating

That’s from the battle primer...

Key points:

Allocate as you would any normal wound - so you can pawn damage to any model, the sorcerer can remain alive

Excess attack’s carry over...

This ruling from the primer seems pretty cut and dry?