Devil fish upgrade question

Triszin

It replaces the Drones.

Devilfishes have a Burst Cannon fix and then either two SMS or two Gun Drones. Drones are obviously MUCH better currently but who knows, maybe SMS become good again with the Codex or Gun Drones become terrible. You never know when GW attempts to balance something lol

It replaces the Drones.

Devilfishes have a Burst Cannon fix and then either two SMS or two Gun Drones. Drones are obviously MUCH better currently but who knows, maybe SMS become good again with the Codex or Gun Drones become terrible. You never know when GW attempts to balance something lol

cool.

so taking the SMS means you have mounted SMS that aren't the drone sms on the hammered head right?

I use my Devilfish to transport Breachers and then block the enemy and try to be a nusiance. The fire output is negligable and not why I'm taking it. So I use Gun Drones to keep points cost down.

I do use SMS on my hammerheads and it has made a difference on tables with cover and shooting squads with extra cover bonuses.

Overall I like SMS better on units that have a better BS than 4+

Preferably I would look at whats in my entire army list before upgrades but I've glued them on the Hammerheads already.

I use my Devilfish to transport Breachers and then block the enemy and try to be a nusiance. The fire output is negligable and not why I'm taking it. So I use Gun Drones to keep points cost down.

I do use SMS on my hammerheads and it has made a difference on tables with cover and shooting squads with extra cover bonuses.

Overall I like SMS better on units that have a better BS than 4+

Preferably I would look at whats in my entire army list before upgrades but I've glued them on the Hammerheads already.

Well you pay more than twice of what the Gun Drones would cost for the same amount of S5 AP0 shooting but with higher range, ignoring LoS and Cover.

The only reason why I'd consider it on Hammerheads is because the Gun Drones shouldn't be in range most of the game.

+24p is just too much to ignore cover, especially if we have that bonus already in our markerlight table anyway. The LoS ignoring component is okay-ish but rarely matters on such a weapon.

Back in the day, when we got the SMS for the DF, I used to run mine with this upgrade because it allowed me to shoot without exposing the vehicle to counter fire and usually, made charges against the DF more difficult because of said, LOS blocking terrain.

Considering that I used to field 6 DF, all that SMS fire was very useful and gave me options. It was always annoying that we couldn't get the SMS except from HH kits, so kit bashing/conversion is how we dealt with it. Now there are bits vendors, which makes it a little easier.

Also, if you play using power levels like our group does, then the incremental cost increases may not be that big an impact.

As stated above, the codex will be available in around two weeks, so I wouldn't make any big moves just yet.

Considering that GW likes to go the "it's not in the kit so you can't take it" approach currently, I wouldn't be surprised if the Devilfish loses the SMS option to be honest.

Considering that GW likes to go the "it's not in the kit so you can't take it" approach currently, I wouldn't be surprised if the Devilfish loses the SMS option to be honest.

If it loses SMS, but gets something like a Flacett SMS system like the Primaris tank has, but a 6" bubble I'd love it.

It would basically make a Troop support option

If it loses SMS, but gets something like a Flacett SMS system like the Primaris tank has, but a 6" bubble I'd love it.

It would basically make a Troop support option

Yeah but that's even less likely since there's no such bit in the box either. ^^