Inquisitors - any good?

I ordered the Hector Rex model this weekend. He wins in the most important category.....very cool model, IMO

Also, mainly want him in my Army to help protect the Custodes from psychic attacks, and he is good at this. 

The plan for me is to have Rex lead a Vanguard Detachment made up of 2 x SoS squads, and 1 x Culexus. Should do a great job of getting after psyker armies. 

Meatgrinder the post you quoted, I was talking about Acolytes. Inquisitors are worth it for being the cheapest LD Buff + Pysker Platform + Cheap Counter Assault Unit. The named Inquistors that are the best, Eisenhorn, and Greyfax then Coteaz, and Kamarov, with Rex and Lok being Eisen and Greyfax or Coteaz and Kamarov respectively.

Take what makes a generic Inquistor Good, then +1. At the price of two generics, you get normally double casting, awesome equipment, and one special rule (Greyfax +1 Deny, Cherubeal for Eisen, Coteaz Interrupt, Kamarov Nuke, so on and so forth).

The named ones > generic ones, because while generic ones aren’t bad, they don’t give enough to be worthwhile to lose one of your three detachments. The named ones in contrasts basically take what makes Inquistors reasonable to make them excellent.

What is nice is the named ones represent what Inquistors should be, the focus of the faction unique and cool. While normal ones are basically Commissar + Primaris, with slightly better equipment options. Acolytes are too expensive for glorified meatshields, Jokero and Deamonhosts need character or Deamonhosts atleast should be summonable like Cherubeal.

Now I am going off topic; Generics are good for saving 30ish points if you can afford the lost detachment. Named are better/worthwhile, because they make what makes generics good. Then expands or highlighting that ability in various unique ways

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Karamazov once. He did well but my Death Guard opponent wasn't sure how to handle him so that may have contributed to his success. he was popping blight drones pretty well with his Master Crafted multi-melta :smile.:

Six acolytes with plasma guns, or if you are in a points-crunch then stormbolters, riding around inside of a Repressor can be pretty devastating depending on which Ordo you take and what army you are facing. I favor Ordo Hereticus because they get their bonuses against Chaos and Psycker keywords, and those are pretty common in my area. The Reprssor basically is a pretty tough rolling bunker giving great protection, and can get them to where they are needed. Never have them dismount, just stay inside and fire out the gun ports!

After 8th dropped I used Greyfax a LOT, I'd say almost half my games last year. Very useful. I just wish she had an Invulnerable save. :(

I want my space monkies to be characters, just because they're targeted and shot straight away. I don't know how to make adepts cool, maybe another wound, or the choice to make them unique. No idea. What I do know is that Adepts are horrid right now, and you'd think they would be amazing given the fluff.

I can't wait to see what the codex brings.

There are any rumours about codex? I didn’t hear any. Maby i’m missing something.

My two cents. I thought a lot how to protect my black Templars from smite spam And all of psyker power.

And in my opinion Rex use the best option Here.

3 denial attempts, 2+/3++ deep strike, makes him good support character. Best thing in him is inv. Save gives him durability.

There are any rumours about codex? I didn’t hear any. Maby i’m missing something.

My two cents. I thought a lot how to protect my black Templars from smite spam And all of psyker power.

And in my opinion Rex use the best option Here.

3 denial attempts, 2+/3++ deep strike, makes him good support character. Best thing in him is inv. Save gives him durability.

Him, or Greyfax, would work well in that roll.

His durability doesn't come into play that often, unless you're facing a lot of sniper fire?

In my experience characters are either ignored or utterly annihilated, never in the middle.

Archived