=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels Elites Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

Vow Complete: 2x units of 3 Company Veterans

qeQ8vVk.jpg

As mentioned before these were put together from a mix of BA Tactical Squad and Death Company sprues, with some hunting around other boxes/sprues to find all the necessary storm bolters etc. Both sergeants have a power fist and I removed the hands from two chainsword hilts to 'mag-clip' them to the back of two of their packs while their hands are busy changing magazines on the storm bolters. All their left shoulder pads have the BA chapter symbol to save me painting it on manually. I cut one of the chainsword arms at the wrist to re-position it for a better angle.

While I'm at it...

I Thoridon rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and make a new vow to build 1x unit of 5 Company Vets for a combined total of 8 on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018.

vT9OGxH.jpg

As I have 5 sets of legs left across the sprues I think it's a good time to build a bodyguard unit for Gabriel Seth. They'll also be on foot to run with him, and being Flesh Tearers I'm thinking double chainswords.

I RelentlessPursuit, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Company Ancient w/ jumppack for a  total of 4 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

fek0Bcd.jpg?1

Vow completed:
Default setup:
med_gallery_105306_14251_764238.jpg

Optional setup:
med_gallery_105306_14251_253127.jpg

Big guy:
med_gallery_105306_14251_931173.jpg
med_gallery_105306_14251_168111.jpg

The brothers have magnetized arms to be able to switch to LCs at will and got some additional purity seals, small shields from varius sprues (Primaris/terminator/venerable dread) and some additional Terminator Honors from SW sprue.
The Sergeant can be moved to the Ancient duty with left wrist magnetized for Banner/SS and right arm for multiple weapon options (currently TH/SB). He also got special stand as befitting his status.

The Contemptor has been dissected and put back together having his right leg sheard off and repositioned. I also cut him at the waist and put magnets inside him. Now he can rotate on the waist axis as well as move arms and switch from Kheres to multimelta if needed.
The head is from a Sanguinary guard and halo sorrounding it from the BA upgrade sprue (from the helmet).
The armor has been adorned with blood drop from Primaris upgrade sprue and wings from the DA captain to create chapter/legion icon. He aslo got a winged blood drop on the leg and some purity seals from the venerable dreadnought sprue (these are bigger than standard ones). Another touch is a skull-adorned plate from the Furioso sprue that landed on the Kheres canon, a baner and Terminator Honors from the Venerable Dreadnought kit that are attached to both arms, laurel on the knee-pad and dangling tubes (from somewhere :tongue.:). I also dug out some nice resin base (can't remember from where I got it).

UPDATE: Got the Aggressors built, but to my horror, I'm out of Mephiston Red Spray! Oh, the humanity.

Will have to pick some up Saturday, but that's a small hiccup.

I think it time to have some fun with our templar cousins. They have zeal? So do we!

I DBH, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow an Emperor's Company Champion for a total of 3PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

gallery_92746_14190_167600.png

I guess since I finished so quickly. I DBH, for the second time, rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow a Sanguinary Ancient for a total of 6PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

Sanguinary Ancient with death mask, Encarmine sword, and angelus bolt gun.

gallery_92746_14190_276454.png

The Emperor's Champion is a badass model! Got one too at some point too but it's already glued and primed. I thought I'd make a darker, heavier Sanguinor of him, but then I found Sanguinor somewhere and project got postponed.

EDIT: Outside of the B&Z as I have already announced completion of this project, but look what came to me today:
- MOOOORE CHAINSWORDS!!!

med_gallery_105306_14251_113950.jpg
Actually I forgot, I planned to add this piece all along :biggrin.: Will be adding some power-feeding cables to it once I find something appropriate.

The Emperor's Champion is a badass model! Got one too at some point too but it's already glued and primed. I thought I'd make a darker, heavier Sanguinor of him, but then I found Sanguinor somewhere and project got postponed.

EDIT: Outside of the B&Z as I have already announced completion of this project, but look what came to me today:

- MOOOORE CHAINSWORDS!!!

med_gallery_105306_14251_113950.jpg

Actually I forgot, I planned to add this piece all along :biggrin.: Will be adding some power-feeding cables to it once I find something appropriate.

Sick repose, I love that model! What are the side wings from? The Dark Angel helmet wings from the veteran sprue?

Update: 2nd vow of Company Vets built.

gN3dEqF.jpg

Luckily I had plenty of chainswords available from multiple Death Company sprues. I gave the Sergeant a power fist instead of a 2nd chainsword so he can help Seth against any tough targets they run into.

Again, used a mix of Death Company and BA Tactical Squad bits. This group were easier not having to find storm bolters, as I'm almost out of those now. I avoided the big BA shoulderpads so I can paint the FT icon on the left pads.

Ah, what the heck...
I Majkhel, rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a FURIOUS BLACK BRICK OF DEATH!! Death Company Dreadnought for a total of 9PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

med_gallery_105306_14251_238387.jpg
Just the main sprue here. I don't know yet what other bits will be used.

Vow 2 Complete - 5 Company Veterans

While I'm at it...

I Thoridon rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and make a new vow to build 1x unit of 5 Company Vets for a combined total of 8 on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018.

vT9OGxH.jpg

As I have 5 sets of legs left across the sprues I think it's a good time to build a bodyguard unit for Gabriel Seth. They'll also be on foot to run with him, and being Flesh Tearers I'm thinking double chainswords.

7uHRlyO.jpg

Legs and bodies are a mix of BA Tactical Squad and Death Company. Chainswords were almost all from DC sprues while shoulder pads again came from both sets. I hunted around various sprues to get enough 'beaky' helms for the veterans, giving the sergeant a different version to help stand out (and a power fist).

That might be it for my Elites vows, unless I can think of something else I have ready to build over the weekend.

I Spyros rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Contemptor Dreadnought for a combined total of 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow completed!

B&Z2018 Elites Vow complete

This is my last vow for Blood & Zeal 2018. I have no other doable spare model for the other categories :rolleyes:
There is a LR Crusader planned but I want to paint the interior before gluing it together, not to mention its huge size which will take a lot of my time... 
It's been fun so far, onwards to victory brothers! As my signature says, our Roll of Honour is second to none!

Just remembered I still have a Primaris Ancient to build which wouldn't disrupt my schedule too much. So here goes nothing!

I sfPanzer rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Primaris Ancient for a combined total of 5PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

Q6Cgeqol.jpg

Knew you couldn't resist :wink: Is that a SG banner you're switching in? Does it fit easily?

Guilty. :tongue.:

Yeah it's the SG banner. Unfortunately it doesn't fit as easily as I thought and I don't have the time to make it fit currently so I'm just using the regular Primaris banner this time. Maybe for my next Ancient if I ever make one. ^^

So ... Vow completed!

Xqoia7il.jpg?1

Pretty basic with just a headswap. Blue-tac (well actually pattex :tongue.: ) on the feet because I really don't want to paint those bases after gluing a model on them and he didn't want to stand properly for the picture without it. :biggrin.:

Nicely done and pity about the SG banner. Is the head GKPA or GKTDA?

Vow Complete: 2x units of 3 Company Veterans

qeQ8vVk.jpg

As mentioned before these were put together from a mix of BA Tactical Squad and Death Company sprues, with some hunting around other boxes/sprues to find all the necessary storm bolters etc. Both sergeants have a power fist and I removed the hands from two chainsword hilts to 'mag-clip' them to the back of two of their packs while their hands are busy changing magazines on the storm bolters. All their left shoulder pads have the BA chapter symbol to save me painting it on manually. I cut one of the chainsword arms at the wrist to re-position it for a better angle.

While I'm at it...

vT9OGxH.jpg

Vow 2 Complete - 5 Company Veterans

While I'm at it...

vT9OGxH.jpg

7uHRlyO.jpg

Legs and bodies are a mix of BA Tactical Squad and Death Company. Chainswords were almost all from DC sprues while shoulder pads again came from both sets. I hunted around various sprues to get enough 'beaky' helms for the veterans, giving the sergeant a different version to help stand out (and a power fist).

That might be it for my Elites vows, unless I can think of something else I have ready to build over the weekend.

Congratulations on a nice set of units! Seth's entourage are perfect and the original vow is pretty good too. Nice spread and use of bits for the bonus points too :thumbsup:

I robofish7591 rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Furioso Dreadnought for a total of 9 power levels on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018.  Success will bring honor to the Lamenters and the Blood Angels faction, whilst failure is not an option...

Whoops, missed one. Even if I don't reply straight away, vows are logged if posted on here. How are you getting on with it?

I Xenith rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and make a new vow to build 1x Converted Primaris Ancient for a combined total of 5 (6) on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018.

gallery_58096_11797_680007.jpg

Vow logged :thumbsup: What's the conversion plan?

Vow completed:

med_gallery_105306_14251_754046.jpg

I'm not entirely happy with it, but RL caused me to speed up (or die trying).

Added custom Blood Talons with an idea that the Dread can sheath/unsheathed them at will in addition to the standard Blood Fists. Plus some work done on the base and some magnets put inside for future addition of magna grapples/smoke launcher.

I RelentlessPursuit, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Company Ancient w/ jumppack for a  total of 4 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

fek0Bcd.jpg?1

Sorted my end :thumbsup: Btw, what legs are those? I don't recognise them :blush.:

Vow completed:

Default setup:

med_gallery_105306_14251_764238.jpg

Optional setup:

med_gallery_105306_14251_253127.jpg

Big guy:

med_gallery_105306_14251_931173.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_168111.jpg

The brothers have magnetized arms to be able to switch to LCs at will and got some additional purity seals, small shields from varius sprues (Primaris/terminator/venerable dread) and some additional Terminator Honors from SW sprue.

The Sergeant can be moved to the Ancient duty with left wrist magnetized for Banner/SS and right arm for multiple weapon options (currently TH/SB). He also got special stand as befitting his status.

The Contemptor has been dissected and put back together having his right leg sheard off and repositioned. I also cut him at the waist and put magnets inside him. Now he can rotate on the waist axis as well as move arms and switch from Kheres to multimelta if needed.

The head is from a Sanguinary guard and halo sorrounding it from the BA upgrade sprue (from the helmet).

The armor has been adorned with blood drop from Primaris upgrade sprue and wings from the DA captain to create chapter/legion icon. He aslo got a winged blood drop on the leg and some purity seals from the venerable dreadnought sprue (these are bigger than standard ones). Another touch is a skull-adorned plate from the Furioso sprue that landed on the Kheres canon, a baner and Terminator Honors from the Venerable Dreadnought kit that are attached to both arms, laurel on the knee-pad and dangling tubes (from somewhere :tongue.:). I also dug out some nice resin base (can't remember from where I got it).

Ah, what the heck...

I Majkhel, rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a FURIOUS BLACK BRICK OF DEATH!! Death Company Dreadnought for a total of 9PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

med_gallery_105306_14251_238387.jpg

Just the main sprue here. I don't know yet what other bits will be used.

Vow completed:

med_gallery_105306_14251_754046.jpg

I'm not entirely happy with it, but RL caused me to speed up (or die trying).

Added custom Blood Talons with an idea that the Dread can sheath/unsheathed them at will in addition to the standard Blood Fists. Plus some work done on the base and some magnets put inside for future addition of magna grapples/smoke launcher.

Nicely done. Wish I could knock a Dreadnought together that quickly and confidently...

Interesting take on the DCD's melee weapons and magnetising the waist on the Contemptor is a good idea too (again, one I didn't do/think of)

Archived