Your Shas’o commander names

depthcharge12

Ok nerds, let’s hear your best tau commander names :D

My newly minted Coldstar Commander (2 fusion + nova launcher) will be named Kor’Val. This translates - from the lexicon - to air shark, or flying shark. Quite literally, this dude owns the local airspace and eats up any critters in his way. He smells blood and hits off towards the enemy ranks.

My old man XV8 Commander who babysits the backfield units and kicks off Kauyon is Raa’M’Lath. The prefix Raa is always associated with a teacher/mentor and M’Lath is tau for humble. He sits back and coaches Daniel-San all the little Shas’la, remembering the good old days of 5th edition :P

If you need help, Dakka has some good source material:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Tau_Dictionary

For me that'd be my longstanding Shas'O Ksi'm'yen Ol'Shas'ka, otherwise known as Commander Dawnstar. Her moniker was principally earned through a series of daring dawn raids against the Imperium, but also stems from a recurring strategy used when coordinating with other elements of Ksi'm'yen's Fire Caste that sees Dawnstar use her sudden Mont'ka attacks to draw all eyes to her and blind enemies to the efforts of her subtler allies. In the past I've also assigned her the honorific Ken'rai'Shi (something along the line of "achieves/seeks victory through decapitation strike") but that can seem a bit much when Farsight is the only other Commander I can recall GW furnishing with more than one title.

My Buffmander certainly went through a spell of being called Mont'Mesa (Commander Deathmark) before being changed to another name that I unfortunately can't seem to recall.

I have 2:

Shas'o Doran'ro, Calm mind. The centered leader of my primary strike cadre, she does nothing irrational and always keeps a calm, level head even in the heat of battle. She leads a "renegade" faction made up of a mix of Vior'la and Bork'an and sided with the Ron'sha and their engineers.

Shas'el B'ron'sha, Shepard of the Engineered ones. Leader of the Ron'sha, advanced A.I. constructs built by a Bork'an earth caste engineer at the behest of the ethereal council. After seeing their results the council shut down the program for fear of rebellion and ordered the prototypes destroyed. B'ron'sha is the culmination of the program and was spirited away along with his creators to preserve their important research.

One of these days I'll write down all the fluff I have for my Sept in one place so it can have a proper home and people can read it