The Rule of Cool: How Far is Too Far?

Roomsky

Also of note is that Roboute didn't actually survive in a perfect vacuum.

All legionaries are trained for hard-void and zero gravity combat. This is strictly neither. The flagship supplies a limited gravity source, and a skin of thin atmosphere – the atmospheric envelope – clings to the ship‟s hull, maintained by the gravitic field generators to facilitate the function of open launch hangars and docking bays.

He even acknowledges it himself.

„Voided without a helm,‟ Guilliman says. „Primarch biology helped, but the atmospheric envelope was my true saviour.‟

So I would think Primarchs can still be strangled. Also, not sure if that wasn't actually retconned later into Horus just killing him with the Talon, instead of specifically strangulating him.

Roboute Guilliman can survive in vaccuum.

I might be wrong here but I thought it used to be canon that Sanguinius was strangled to death with the Talon of Horus? If that is the case then Horus must have been strangling him for a pretty long time...

A good choke hold is usually about stopping the flow of blood to the brain rather than running the victim out of air. Since I imagine even Primarchs need that still, so it might have been over quickly. Also power fields can't be good for your health.

Buddy it’s kind of weird you know so much about good choke holds! But it sounds about right.....

Roboute Guilliman can survive in vaccuum.

I might be wrong here but I thought it used to be canon that Sanguinius was strangled to death with the Talon of Horus? If that is the case then Horus must have been strangling him for a pretty long time...

A good choke hold is usually about stopping the flow of blood to the brain rather than running the victim out of air. Since I imagine even Primarchs need that still, so it might have been over quickly. Also power fields can't be good for your health.

Buddy it’s kind of weird you know so much about good choke holds! But it sounds about right.....

lol, that's because it nearly happened to me. I was goofing around with a friend and she was getting annoyed that I kept managing to weasel out of her attempts to get me in holds and locks. She monkeyed around behind me, got an arm around my neck, and nearly road me into a face plant into the sidewalk. Fortunately she let up before I completely blacked out.