Value of Transuranic Arquebus?

If they went down to 14 points like the price in forgebane 

01010011000101(" Error / advance /mistake ")   00100000100  * 

35 points for  5 rangers plus  2 Tua 's  put them at  63 points a squad.
Suddenly I'd, be considering buying 6 more dragoons to take brigades again  and running  3 rangers 3 vangaurd 

6 sniper shots cause havoc amongst your opponent's target priority I've had whole armies shoot at my rangers in cover .... to try to delete the sniper rifles , its why I started splitting them up ... people are weirdly afraid of you being able to target their buff characters. 

Even when your opponent has good luck .. hitting on 3's at least re-rolling ones  call it 5 hits  ( Not mars) wounding pretty much everything that's not a vehicle on 3's call it  3 wounds one of which is a 6   it will at best cause about  2-3 wounds a turn  to a model with an invulnerable but if ignored ... well that's a whole different story.

Maybe I just get all of Prot's luck with them, I've shot 4 snipers at a dark Eldar Arcon ,  before I hit with all of them and  wounded with everything Also scored 2 6's to wound for added mortals  , he failed his second 2+ shield  which was more or less the goal just to get it to pop , but the   -2 ap meant the armour saves were pretty much moot ...   3 x d3  + the two 2 mortals Vs  power from pain  .... he went down turn 1.

Edited by synthaside