My first game with codex

Skerr

I got my first game with the new dex in last Monday against Eldar. We played about 100 PL, the Mission was annaliation I think, victory conditions being whoever has the most models at end of round 5. He has a big advantage on models.

He goes first moves up, shoots and or advances as his rules allow. war walkers, rangers, scores with Phoenix Lord and Swooping Hawsks with

I deep strike my termies and termie sorcerer in my own dz turn 1 to deal with them as half my force deals with the interlopers and the other half on his advancing army. He hoped to close on my from front and back but ended up dividing his army in half.

I cast death hex on the walkers and take care of the deep strikers.

After cleaning up my DZ I move to meet him in the center as I have to have more models than my opponent by end of turn 5.

My tzangoors that deployed from the webway die but tie up his army midfield. My exalted doombolted his night spinner and the vindicator brings it to a couple wounds.

I Dark Matter crystal my termies behind his reapers who deal with them.

Our armies meet in the middle and end turn 5, 1k sons have 11 models and eldar 10.

I had,

DP w wings

terminator sorcerer warlord

exalted sorcerer

2 10 man Rubrics with SRC

5 sots with SRC and hfm

20 Tzangoors

1 disco pred

1 helbrute with twin Las and fist

3 chaos spawn

vindicator

he had

Farseer and Warlock enclave

Autarch (w swooping hawks)

10 defenders w ml

3 10 man dire avenger

10 man swooping hawk

10 man ranger

3 war walkers

night spinner

3 platform d weapon batteries.

10 man scorpion

Kendras Phoenix Lord.

feel like I might be missing something

another cool moment was casting diabolical str on a single chaos spawn left who charged and crippled a squad of his.

I only had one peril causing 2 wounds on my termie.

lots of casting and lots of denials. It was a really fun game.

Edited by Skerr

The Elder player and I are good friends and I have been fighting his Elder since 4th ed and it was a friendly game. He usually fields wraithguard and bikes.

I forgot my gaze of fate reroll turns 2, 3 and 4 lol. I ran out of CPs by turn 3.

Edited by Skerr

​I really like seeing games like this with armies that look reasonable, glad you had a good time.

I have found with multiple sorcerers and so many powers I have to keep a log or I will immediately forget who has what power and which is active.

I bought a second deck of the cards and then I place cards by the sorcerers that can cast them during the psychic phase. As I cast spells I just pick up the extra copies, If its a power that lasts until my next psyhic phase I just leave it by the affected unit. I wouldn't recommend more than two because if the power is that important to strategy (warp time for example) your not likely to forget it.  

@Blackstar, my Eldar buddies does that as well.

I had a spell list and did a good job for the most part. it became a joke by the beginning of his turn when i realized I had forgotten to take a reroll.

But yeah, we like to win but tend to play friendly games with the models and units we like, makes for a fun time. I had a bunch of new terrain completed we were using for the first time which was fun. He has been playing only Elder mostly since Rogue Trader and has a lot of old school models.

Edited by Skerr