Discussion on the Events of Prospero

LukeTheButcher

Found that quote I was thinking of in Prospero

"Take him [Hawser] away, but keep him with us, right to the advance. I want that channel to my brother left open. My poor brother. I want him to see us coming, I want him to know it'll never be too late for him to beg for mercy."

only began reading Wolfsbane, but in the first few chapters there are already repeated mentions of Horus's manipulation of Russ in the Razing of Prospero:

From Russ himself: "When attacked, Magnus resorted to powers he should have never unleashed, and he deserved what he got for that alone. But things could have been different. Horus lied to me because they fear the power of the Warp. He feared Magnus' sorcery."

The second comes from Loken upon meeting with Russ again. Malcador had confided in Loken two things of import about the Wolf King. The first was that his barbarian king persona could be raised and lowered as easily as a visor; he was not the simple warrior lord he portrayed. The second was that he regretted what had happened on Prospero, and was stung at how he had been manipulated into it."

I wanted to bust ought my books and add quotes and join thugs discussion but i feel it would be fruitless as Luke seems to have to stuck his fingers in his ears as is now going "lalala i can't hear you lalala".

What i feel we have here is that in Luke's head Canon Russ could never be manipulated and so the source material must be wrong. The rest of us here and from what i can tell anywhere have accepted the truth; that Russ was manipulated into his actions. He tried to resist the kill but after Horus told him of Magnus damage to earth the kill was Russ decision. Yes he was nudged into that by Horus (even if that was always a possibility). But he was nudged and manipulated into his final decision.

Archived