New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Does that means that Questor Mechanicus can use the old Rotate Ion Shields for 1 CP on the Dominus?

RAI: Probably not.

RAW: Well....... maybe.  :ermm:

Technically? Yep. I see nothing to prevent this at all, apart from your own moral compass. I'm yet to see a rules argument that would stop you.

But, I mean, we know deep down it's not meant to work that way.

But then again, personally I think being made to pay 3CP for Rotate on the Dominus is ridiculous anyway. It should be 1, same as everything else - especially given how CP crippled we are, and that a Porphyron etc only has to pay 1.

Gonna try and post to remove a lot of the confusion if i can reg IKnights

Super Heavy Aux Detachment

1 model is given the character keyword. Can be questoris, dominus or armiger

If you have 3 big knights (questor or dominus) in the detachment you get 3CP. Otherwise 0CP

House Traditions and Allegiance

Every Unit must choose an allegiance (imperialus or mechanicus) and then a sub house from one of those (vulkar in mechanicus for example).

If the unit is part of a Super Heavy Detachment it gets the House Ability. If it is part of the Aux Super Heavy Detachment it does not get the ability.

Relics and Traits

A model can be given a relic or warlord trait as you would in any other codex

In a super Heavy Detachment you already have a character and if you have an Iknight warlord then you get a free relic.

You can also give a relic to an IKnight (or 2) using the Heirlooms Stratagem. The same applies for warlord traits using the Exalted Court Stratagem.

House specific traits and relics can be given to an IKnight with the appropriate household regardless of the detachment. With an Aux super heavy you are just forced to use the above two stratagems first.

Freeblades

Freeblades belong to no house and therefor cannot get house specific rules, traits or stratagems. They do however belong to an Allegiance (imperialus or mechanicus)

Admech and its uses

Admech has links and rules that effect iknights with the Mechanicus allegiance.

1. They can use their repair skill to heal mechanicus iknights

2. They can give a mechanicus Iknight the benefit of canticles using a stratagem

3. Cawl can heal an Imperialus Iknight but he is the only member of admech that can.

Hope this helps!

When playing a game you are expected to use the most up to date rules available. Rotate ion shields exists in the codex for imperial knights so the strats and rules for knights must use it over older versions. Mechanicus is a different faction with a different version of the same name so it's safe until gw says otherwise.

Does that means that Questor Mechanicus can use the old Rotate Ion Shields for 1 CP on the Dominus?

Technically? Yep. I see nothing to prevent this at all, apart from your own moral compass. I'm yet to see a rules argument that would stop you.

But then again, personally I think being made to pay 3CP for Rotate on the Dominus is ridiculous anyway. It should be 1, same as everything else - especially given how CP crippled we are, and that a Porphyron etc only has to pay 1.

My money is that Acastus will need to pay 3CP to aswell...

https://scontent.fdet1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/34693938_2039500939703868_7446809778946310144_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=944d7c7a1f31d0bdd0cbef3a60f00885&oe=5BBA960E

Anyone have any advice on how to convert a preceptor? I can't get my hands on an atropos lascutter without buying the whole thing. I grabbed a tau hammerhead railgun for the base of mine.

My money is that Acastus will need to pay 3CP to aswell...

I'd agree that should be the case, but there's every chance it'll get missed *eye roll* because it's a FW model. Even then, there's only a single wound difference between a Dominus and a Cerastus Knight - and the latter get's a self heal every turn :P

https://scontent.fdet1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/34693938_2039500939703868_7446809778946310144_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=944d7c7a1f31d0bdd0cbef3a60f00885&oe=5BBA960E

Anyone have any advice on how to convert a preceptor? I can't get my hands on an atropos lascutter without buying the whole thing. I grabbed a tau hammerhead railgun for the base of mine.

Only one faceplate? Sux...

Do we know if the FW Knight heads fit or not?

They should, as it says the Dominus head is compatible with the Questoris :)

They should, as it says the Dominus head is compatible with the Questoris :smile.:

Saw that this morning, which is good since it means that Gadget Plus' heads will fit as well. Time to order another set of lion heads.

BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF NEWS:

GW JUST CONFIRMED ON FB THAT THE DOMINUS HEAD FITS A QUESTORIS & VICEVERSA!

The Dominus has the same internal skeleton as the Questoris kits, it’s just the outer armor and weapons that are different.

SJ

Is that true though? The FB picture shows a height difference, in the legs too.

Also, are crusaders locked into RFBC?

No, they're locked into the Avenger, but you can take the RFBC or Thermal on the other arm iirc.

Is that true though? The FB picture shows a height difference, in the legs too.

Also, are crusaders locked into RFBC?

The height difference is mostly just the armor on top. Torso pieces are about the same size but that armor is much taller than the normal ones.

I’ve been trying to ponder the rationale behind the detachment rules for Knights.

Armigers don’t really qualify as Lords of War; if they were in another Codex, they’d be Heavy Support or perhaps Fast Attack choices. If Armigers didn’t nullify the Command Benefit of the Knights SHD, then you could generate 3CP with just three Armigers. An Astra Militarum Spearhead of a tank commander and three Russes only generates 1CP. The dedicated tread-head who wants to run a pure tank company would have reasonable grounds to grumble.

My suggestion then would be that the Command Benefit of a Lance be changed to 1CP for every Dominus or Questoris Knight within that Lance. So, a Knight in an Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment is still only 0CP. If you add two Armigers to it in a SHD/Lance, you gain 1CP (effectively, you have a Spearhead with the big knight counting as both a HS and HQ choice). Two big Knights with any number of Armigers: 2CP. Three big Knights? 3CP, as you get now, but you don’t forfeit those CP if you want to add some Armigers as well.

Just my thoughts.

Personally I think just needing at least one big knight in the detachment for 3CP would be simpler.

That being said I'd rather they just fix the CP system. In the new age of sigmar you get 1CP a turn, each detachment gives you 1 starting CP, and you can buy CP for 50pts. Basically everyone accesses CP the same way regardless of unit composition.

Personally I think just needing at least one big knight in the detachment for 3CP would be simpler.

That being said I'd rather they just fix the CP system. In the new age of sigmar you get 1CP a turn, each detachment gives you 1 starting CP, and you can buy CP for 50pts. Basically everyone accesses CP the same way regardless of unit composition.

I've always liked the idea of cp per turn. Maybe turn all the cp warlord traits into you just gain one extra per turn and everything else into start with more cp. Not sure how much I like spending points for cp but it could work as well.

They should, as it says the Dominus head is compatible with the Questoris :smile.:

Saw that this morning, which is good since it means that Gadget Plus' heads will fit as well. Time to order another set of lion heads.

I might need these lion heads you speak of, link? TIA

Apart from the consesus on the useability of the terrain-piece, would it be possible to build a reasonable counts-as from the kit in the renegade box?

And as far as I understood, it should be possible to build 2 Gallants from the kit in the box, and magnetize to allow other weapons?

Archived