Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

Trokair/Magor Takatus

It is a really cool piece of kit and draws nicely on various pieces. The name completely escapes me atm though.

Aarik

I'm adding some below as part of the update :)

InKaras

The joys of hobbling, theres no need to be a fan of everything :)

Latest update

So I've been back in work almost a month and it's been crazy, so printing has definitely slowed.

However for some admech/knight pieces I've been doing for myself, I've added some pics to show them off.

I really want to start on the Centurius, but no time to sit and do it of late.

HNgi9Mb.png

Ml76QIU.jpg

65Ke8vq.jpg

ABvLRYH.jpg

th5Af4U.jpg

nxdmdck.jpg

LVEi1j9.jpg

5nX2Kgg.jpg

HNgi9Mb.png

That's an interesting design - is it intended for Armiger size, or full scale GW knight?

WOW those custom knights are fantastic, truly great work!!! Are you sharing/selling the files for them anywhere?

Those are from a designer called Aphyrion. There's a patreon, and some files are sold elsewhere (I'm not really familiar with the details of that).

And yeah, a friend is printing that stuff too. Once I'm done with my current titan, I'll get an Aiakos too.

MajorNese

Aye, it's a downscale to armiger size, so intended as a Helverin really.

Nagashnee

As Majornese said, they're from a patreon from Aphyrion so you can sign up with there if you have a 3d printer to do them - I love her stuff, and have printed a few bits for a couple of mates after getting her permission to do so.

Some of the Admech stuff is also stunning.

Inkaras

Expensive in relative terms to set up, but cheaper when it comes to make the stuff. Once you get the machine dialed in you can create some amazing pieces but a big part of it is the quality of the file you are using.

I'd say my quality control is better than Forgeworlds atm, but I'm printing bits in ones and two compared to their mass production.

Yeah this makes sense to me.

MajorNese

Aye, it's a downscale to armiger size, so intended as a Helverin really.

Nagashnee

As Majornese said, they're from a patreon from Aphyrion so you can sign up with there if you have a 3d printer to do them - I love her stuff, and have printed a few bits for a couple of mates after getting her permission to do so.

Some of the Admech stuff is also stunning.

Inkaras

Expensive in relative terms to set up, but cheaper when it comes to make the stuff. Once you get the machine dialed in you can create some amazing pieces but a big part of it is the quality of the file you are using.

I'd say my quality control is better than Forgeworlds atm, but I'm printing bits in ones and two compared to their mass production.

Really awesome stuff!  Thank you for posting more pics!

Are the guns on what I think is the Myrtus Tormenter from the new Aiakos Centurius model that's on her CG Trader account?

Edited by Aarik

• 2 weeks later...

This thread rocks. Any advice on where to get printed bits? I don't have a printer myself

Shapeways, Etsy or the artist's store if they have one. Normally if the artist is selling the part pre-printed they will link them to where to buy them. If they aren't doing that then I'd look into getting a printer if your going to be doing a lot of it.

Edited by Focslain

• 5 months later...

+++ THERE IS NO TRUTH IN FLESH, ONLY BETRAYAL +++

+++ THERE IS NO STRENGTH IN FLESH, ONLY WEAKNESS +++

+++ THERE IS NO CONSTANCY IN FLESH, ONLY DECAY +++

+++ THERE IS NO CERTAINTY IN FLESH BUT DEATH +++

+++ CREDO OMNISSIAH +++

With a growl, the Knight-Lancers fusion reactor growled back into life after much too long lain dormant...

Edited by hermanista

+++ CREDO OMNISSIAH +++

With a growl, the Knight-Lancers fusion reactor growled back into life after much too long lain dormant...

Great lines! Are they your own writings, or from a Games Workshop publication?

• 2 weeks later...

+++ CREDO OMNISSIAH +++

Great lines! Are they your own writings, or from a Games Workshop publication?

Something I found online as a GW quote from somewhere, suitably stolen/repurposed.

So this Saturday I'm off to play toy soldiers!

During the UK lockdown I went and played some TTS games and went to an event at Element games about 6 weeks or so ago.

And this week my local store is doing a small 1500 point one day, I think about 12 players for it and obviously In taking my knights :)

Thinking something simple, there's no painting award for the event so there's a bit of leeway on how good it actually looks - but my usual play it painted standard is in effect.

Two options of what to take, I'm not decided which to go with.

Megaera, megaera, warglaive

One of each Assassin.

Or Megaera, Megaera, 4x Warglaives.

Need to decide by tomorrow as we're away house sitting this weekend so it'll need to come with me tomorrow after work.

Choices choices

So I took mono knights, running them as freeblades for the first time which is a lot of game management compared to running Krast.

But also kinda successful!

Finished 3rd of 12, beat Howling Gryphons round 1, lots to an Iron Warrior Lord of Skulls round too (everything bounced) and beat blood angels round 3.

I'll take that!

Magaera, warden, 2x Glaives and 2x Lightning Moirax

Will do a lost of items and Burdens later

• 2 weeks later...

So next weekend is the big one, playing for Wales in a WTC format team event for the first time.

And they let me run the knights! It's a ten team format, 3 Welsh, 3 Scottish and 4 English teams.

So deciding to go with the Freeblades again, some bits of which I'll need to finish this week to be ready.

The list then.

Imperial Knights – Freeblade Lance – Super-Heavy Detachment = 0CP, [101PL, 2,000pts] ==

Household: Freeblade Lance

LoW: 3 Armiger Warglaives [21PL, 405pts] 3 Freeblades, 3 Heavy Stubbers, Knight 1 - Quality: Indomitable, Burdens: Obsessed with Vengeance, Weary Machine Spirit, Knight 2 - Quality: Legendary Hero, Burdens: Exiled in Shame, Haunted by Failure, Knight 3 - Quality: Peerless Warrior, Burdens: Exiled in Shame, Driven to Slaughter

LoW: 1 Knight Moirax [8PL, 155pts] Freeblade, 2x Lightning Locks, Quality: Last of their Line, Burdens: Exiled in Shame, Impetuous Nature

LoW: Questoris Knight Magaera [24PL, 480pts] Warlord - Echoes from the Past: Relentless Advance, Relic - Armour of Sainted Ion, Freeblade, Hekaton Siege Claw and Twin Rad-Cleanser, Qualities (Legendary Knight): Sworn to a Quest, Mysterious Guardian, Burden: Exiled in Shame

LoW: Questoris Knight Magaera [24PL, 480pts] Warlord Trait - Ion Bulwark, Additional Relic - The Helm Dominatus, Freeblade, Hekaton Siege Claw and Twin Rad-Cleanser, Qualities (Legendary Knight): Sworn to a Quest, Mysterious Guardian, Burden: Exiled in Shame

LoW: Questoris Knight Magaera [24PL, 480pts] Warlord Trait - Landstrider, Freeblade, Hekaton Siege Claw and Twin Rad-Cleanser, Qualities (Legendary Knight): Sworn to a Quest, Mysterious Guardian, Burden: Exiled in Shame