Codex Release Halts Progression

Delta.Skies

With the announcement of the codex release, do you believe it halts progression in your army till it comes. I'm kit bashing my army and feel like I should wait, but don't wanna stop progress because I just started again. I feel like I could build troop choices, and the inquisitor part. But feel like im at a halt till this codex drops. What you guys think.

I'm waiting for the codex to come. Currently my DW is in stasis chambers until I know what has been messed up and what is viable.

Only exception to this is a unit of dual plasma Vanguard. I just dig the setup no matter what.

I would wait until the codex drops before committing now. Quite a few of my models became redundant when 8th Edition dropped, I'm hoping they see some table time when we get a codex.

I think a core of boltgun vets is useful so maybe worth investing your time in the core of your force and waiting to decide on special / heavy weapons and other more unique loadouts.

I would wait until the codex drops before committing now. Quite a few of my models became redundant when 8th Edition dropped, I'm hoping they see some table time when we get a codex.

I think a core of boltgun vets is useful so maybe worth investing your time in the core of your force and waiting to decide on special / heavy weapons and other more unique loadouts.

only thing i can really do is build frag cannon soldiers, and watch sergeants. (order a bitz bag off of ebay from canada, crossed fingers i dont get screwed over) and im waiting for the second half of my watch master bitz to come from Europe. Since we really can only have a guardian spear ( thought it was cool even if they do change it) and the fact I have not painted a miniature in over 10 years ( its taking me almost a week to finish this watch sergeant, have to clean it up a lil) I should be straight if it was to come out in april. I hope april... 

I haven't touched much of my DW since 8th dropped, so no real change for me.

On the other hand, it's actually halted my BA army. I was going to make a footslogging assault unit in a Rhino, but now I'm curious how DW will fare in that department once the codex drops...

Just the topic I was searching for :)

I just went from Aos to 40k 2 weeks ago and, naturally, decided to go DW. I'm holding on with getting any Primaris to see how they'll do.

So far I have Eisenhorn and one of each Assassin, with the Start Collecting DW, Corvus and a Watchmaster incoming in a few days.

I don't know how to play or any of the Warscrolls, I just went for cool looking minis.

Would you say that the Cassius Kill Team is an auto-buy still?

Just the topic I was searching for :)

I just went from Aos to 40k 2 weeks ago and, naturally, decided to go DW. I'm holding on with getting any Primaris to see how they'll do.

So far I have Eisenhorn and one of each Assassin, with the Start Collecting DW, Corvus and a Watchmaster incoming in a few days.

I don't know how to play or any of the Warscrolls, I just went for cool looking minis.

Would you say that the Cassius Kill Team is an auto-buy still?

You may be better starting a New thread for some more in depth advice.

That said the main stable of the force is 5 Man veteran squads and frag cannons, kill team Cassius models are cool but you never want to build a kill team in that configuration, it's expensive and does not do allot.

I'm definitely stuck now. Thought I had decided not to turn my dark imperium contents in to deathwatch but now I've got the 'what if they turn out to be really good' in my head.

I would at least like to see the character options in that box as options for the deathwatch though, as it currently is I'm really disappointed that they can't have them..

If anything it's sparked up my painting progression, although I -really- hope venerable dreadnoughts are still worth taking, these fellas are my current work in progress...

https://i.imgur.com/6F3hRCd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8YyTSxQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7PTJ5Bx.jpg

I'm definitely stuck now. Thought I had decided not to turn my dark imperium contents in to deathwatch but now I've got the 'what if they turn out to be really good' in my head.

I would at least like to see the character options in that box as options for the deathwatch though, as it currently is I'm really disappointed that they can't have them..

Yea I bought the captain in gravis armor bitz and realized I didn't know what to do with him.

Yea I bought the captain in gravis armor bitz and realized I didn't know what to do with him.

You still may get to use him yet.

Depends on whether or not you care about competition.  If you're just building your Kill Teams and having a good 'ol time, I'd say keep at it and don't worry.  As long as you're not trying to do any kludgy nonsense (like give a Terminator CML/Meltafist/AC) you should be fine.  In the minimum, more Veterans with Boltguns is a pretty safe bet for Troops choices :)

Waiting on a Start collecting box and 5 Hellblasters which will bump me up to Watch master, 3 Artemis models (1 converted and primed), Watch Captain in Terminator armor, Kill team Cassius (built and primed), 30 Kill Veterans, 5 terminators,  5 vanguard Veterans, 2 Dreadnoughts, Corvus Blackstar, 5 Hellblasters, Land raider (options for all 3 variants) and 4 more white scar biker for conversions. All unbuilt unless listed above.  I am on converting the bikes into other chapters and got them mainly for the SIA Bolters and fairings. Need to pick up instant mold to make molds of Cassius and the librarian's bolt pistols, the elbow icon, and possibly the power fist/ melta gun arm from the terminator for personal use.

If anything it's sparked up my painting progression, although I -really- hope venerable dreadnoughts are still worth taking, these fellas are my current work in progress...

https://i.imgur.com/6F3hRCd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8YyTSxQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7PTJ5Bx.jpg

Amazing!

I have to say: I'm in (almost exactly) the same boat. That is: I'm working on Deathwatch Dreadnoughts. They weren't in the old Codex, nor in the Index, and I've no reason to expect them in the main Codex. (I'd love it if they did, but it seems the minds at GW behind DW seem to be more enthusiastic about 'mixed squads' than they do about 'Deathwatch have everything... but not many'.)

So, it's still Dreadnoughts, Techmarines, Apothecaries and what have you.