the big fat errata(Released!)

Medjugorje

Units should be able to assault out of transports, even if they are completely surrounded and locked in combat. Or at least fight out of hatches. You're telling me that someone isn't going to pop a hatch and starting swinging a sword around when the thing's covered in Grots?

Well according to Munitorum code 3a of form 67c soldiers of the Imperium are forbidden from utilizing aggressive action from the confines of a certified combat vehicle. The discharge a weapon or draw a combat knife the individusl must be completely outside of said vehicle or face immediate and severe punishment.

This whole thing just sounds like a rehash of the flaws in the 8th ed vehicle rules we all spotted 6 or so months ago.

Waiting in a great big rules overhaul or 9th edition is going to be the only way that changes...

I'm not being pessimistic tho. I have about 1 or 2 years worth of the non-playing side of the hobby to catchup on anyways. I've missed so many editions. That skipping 8th for the time being is just saving me a lot of money while I focus on building converting and painting.

Anyways,that's my current BT strategy, lol

And thanks for the ultra-apologist above. In all sincerety that was legit. BT have often been hamstrung by their flavor in editions where assault lagged and psychs blossomed... here it is apparent that despite psychs being reigned in from 7th and assault was supposed to get a boost. We still have a style that isn't very good for this edition.

Imo, it seams to largely lay wth the vehicle rules.

But I'm no expert.

I definitely understand the frustration with land raiders, but (heresy alert) most of the key issues with vehicles are negated by running rhinos or stormravens as your assault vehicles.

Stormravens are essentially a faster landraider that has fly and can carry a dreadnought.

And before people claim Ravens aren't "Black Templar", in Hellsreach the high reclusiarch is clearly shown riding in a flying black pimp-wagon.

Essentially, the LRC just needs to be able to withdraw and shoot.

Also, thinking about it, you could also make rhino formations to protect your land raiders from assault, creating deep strike and assault corridor denial zones.

It’s not iconic but still a great way to deliver chainswords into heretic torsos while putting out a lot of firepower. Of course while I love my stormraven I’m really hoping GW takes a second look at their land raider rules. They either need a sizable point drop or a huge buff.

To be fair, the Storm Raven does post-date our iconic days. I'm sure if we were still a codex backed army we'd have loads of cool fluff about crusader squads dropping out of Ravens backed my an angry Ironclad or two.

Absolutely no reason we can't do that now. 

I do not believe in 'Glory-days'. Any day in which you serve the Emperor is Glorious.

Archived