Imperial Knights House Traits & Stratagems

PiñaColada

Yeah I've always thought it was all shot at once kinda thing, explains why you pick targets before rolling to hit wound and save. Different mechanic I suppose.

I can't wait to see all the strats and traits, going to make or break the house choices I think.

IF I get the Porphyrion do all these house traits apply? Or is this still up for debate until GW clarifies? Is it just the stratagems you can’t use on forgeworld models? It’s a bit confusing for a newb like me

IF I get the Porphyrion do all these house traits apply? Or is this still up for debate until GW clarifies? Is it just the stratagems you can’t use on forgeworld models? It’s a bit confusing for a newb like me

Absolute worst case scenario, RAW the Imperial House traits will apply for sure.

I don't think you'll have issue with traits at all, because you can apply [Household] on the FW stuff to be whatever you want, and we can reasonably presume this is what the traits will activate from.

Again RAW, certain stratagems or relics could likely apply specifically to say 'Questor Mechanicus', which is a keyword FW Knights don't currently have. Now, in practical terms, any reasonable opponent will realise that this is silly and let you play the FW Knights as Mechanicus. You just need to be aware that anyone who is overly RAW focused has the weight of the argument with them for now - however unreasonable that actually is.

All those technicalities I would imagine they would address at least a majority of rather quickly. But how many of them are actually there once the codex is released, we'll have to wait and see.

All those technicalities I would imagine they would address at least a majority of rather quickly. But how many of them are actually there once the codex is released, we'll have to wait and see.

I'd certainly hope so yeah. A number of us have mailed GW and pointed out the issue to that end.

Honestly, the only real place where is could get problematic is with certain TO's really. Even then, I imagine most would be more than ok with it as long as you clear things ahead of time and don't just spring it on someone.

Re-rolls to ALL hits is quite good. Probably not quite as nice as an extra attack generally, but certainly not bad. There might even be some cases where it works out better.

It's actually better on average. Obviously extra attack has a higher Maxima.

Yeah, it does seem to be looking at it, albeit slightly. It'd gain more relevance over the extra attack as a profile degrades too.

But, with the extra attack, you get that tasty tasty HI though... so many possible shenanigans. 

It's actually quite nice that it's a relatively tough choice between the two...

That house Vulker warlord trait seems pretty legit, so the cooler heads telling people to await traits certainly prevailed. The house trait along with the warlord trait will make a pretty scary castellan so I'm very much intrigued now. Hope that plasma relic is real and we're in business!

What is the purpose of the gauntlet?

Is there anything to hit where it realy matters whether it is D6 or D8?

Well, 13-16 wound vehicles certainly. Or stuff with 6 wounds and a FnP. It's not the biggest deal but more damage is always nice and it might make a difference

Edit: And daemon princes

Absolute worst case scenario, RAW the Imperial House traits will apply for sure.

I don't think you'll have issue with traits at all, because you can apply [Household] on the FW stuff to be whatever you want, and we can reasonably presume this is what the traits will activate from.

Again RAW, certain stratagems or relics could likely apply specifically to say 'Questor Mechanicus', which is a keyword FW Knights don't currently have. Now, in practical terms, any reasonable opponent will realise that this is silly and let you play the FW Knights as Mechanicus. You just need to be aware that anyone who is overly RAW focused has the weight of the argument with them for now - however unreasonable that actually is.

Cool, thanks for the info. I’m looking to pull the trigger on getting one but was hesitant slightly. Didn’t want to get one and realise it’s a dud due to a rules omission. Here is hoping they release a little statement clarifying things. They have been very good so far with feedback and working towards a better game

Cool, thanks for the info. I’m looking to pull the trigger on getting one but was hesitant slightly. Didn’t want to get one and realise it’s a dud due to a rules omission. Here is hoping they release a little statement clarifying things. They have been very good so far with feedback and working towards a better game

People, and GW, seem to be missing the lead on the gauntlet relic.

It ISN'T -1 to hit!!!!!!

8D is just nice for FnP and odd numbered wounds on vehicles. Greater accuracy for the s16 is priceless.

It ISN'T -1 to hit!!!!!!

8D is just nice for FnP and odd numbered wounds on vehicles. Greater accuracy for the s16 is priceless.

Good catch! Yeah that does make it look a lot more attractive then just a damage boost.

Copied from Spikey Bits

Knight Freeblade Quality:

• Reroll 1’s to hit against squads of 10 or more
  • reroll 1’s against warlord, and obsec
  • Heroic Intervention of 6″
  • D3 table buffs your stats +BS or +WS, Move
  • +1 Wounds and Morale
  • One reroll per round

Knight Freeblade Burdens:

• Can not be targeted by strats
  • Reroll 6’s to hit
  • Can only target the closest model with shooting attacks 
  • Driven to Slaughter
  • Impetuous Nature

It ISN'T -1 to hit!!!!!!

Cool, you are right!

At the moment I am looking for some support for my Ad Mech because I got bored of them lately.

I hope maybe a Gallant and 2 Armigers are cheap butwill help me to get out of my deployment zone and eat some firepower. Hope the old Knights get some extra taste in the Codex other than just point cost reduction.

It ISN'T -1 to hit!!!!!!

This is indeed one of the most important parts about this. They have not informed us yet if warlords get +1 ws/bs so they are 2+. They should get that but they have not stated that yet so this makes the gauntlet even more precious. ^_^

This is indeed one of the most important parts about this. They have not informed us yet if warlords get +1 ws/bs so they are 2+. They should get that but they have not stated that yet so this makes the gauntlet even more precious. :happy.:

According to war of sigmar https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2987#disqus_thread

There is no way of improving BS except for that freeblade buff

Taranis: Said they ignore regular damage on a 6, not MW. missed WL trait. Stratagem, Darkest hour; Destroyed knight, on a 4+ he stands up with D3 wounds left. Relic, thermal cannon Fury of Mars.

Omnissiah be praised! That's so much better than the rumours. Basically makes a 24 wound knight a 28 wound knight (against anything but mortal wounds). The get back up stratagem combined with machine spirit resurgent is awesome too.  

Taranis: Said they ignore regular damage on a 6, not MW. missed WL trait. Stratagem, Darkest hour; Destroyed knight, on a 4+ he stands up with D3 wounds left. Relic, thermal cannon Fury of Mars.

Omnissiah be praised! That's so much better than the rumours. Basically makes a 24 wound knight a 28 wound knight (against anything but mortal wounds). The get back up stratagem combined with machine spirit resurgent is awesome too.  

If he got the rules correct. He misspoke some times I believe.

Archived