Imperial Knights House Traits & Stratagems

PiñaColada

I’m not sure if I missed this with all the multiple threads going around, but are we only going to be able to repair the Mechanicus Knights?

Also, do we just scrap that part or our codex? Or just hope they errata our points as well?

Here's what I'm thinking, what are your thoughts guys?

House Taranis Lance: 

Errant (Command point for character + Ionic Bulwark trait)

Crusader (Gatling Cannon Relic, RFBC)

Armiger Helverin x1

Mars Battalion:

Cawl

Dominus (Gain CP on a 6 warlord trait)

3 min squads of Rangers

4 Kastelans

This all comes out to around 1950 points so there's a little bit left to play with some upgrades.

I'm considering opting for 1 Knight and 2 Helverins instead, but honestly I keep thinking that the Knight will never survive turn 1 if there's just one. 1 Knight just becomes a huge target, once its dead then the Kastelans are next. 

The Rapid Fire Battle Cannon just feels so terrible for its point cost but I can't change the loadout of my Crusader. If I could swap it for the melta cannon I would. The Crusade just doesn't even feel worth it because of the RFBC tax. 

Here's what I'm thinking, what are your thoughts guys?

House Taranis Lance: 

Errant (Command point for character + Ionic Bulwark trait)

Crusader (Gatling Cannon Relic, RFBC)

Armiger Helverin x1

Mars Battalion:

Cawl

Dominus (Gain CP on a 6 warlord trait)

3 min squads of Rangers

4 Kastelans

This all comes out to around 1950 points so there's a little bit left to play with some upgrades.

I'm considering opting for 1 Knight and 2 Helverins instead, but honestly I keep thinking that the Knight will never survive turn 1 if there's just one. 1 Knight just becomes a huge target, once its dead then the Kastelans are next. 

The Rapid Fire Battle Cannon just feels so terrible for its point cost but I can't change the loadout of my Crusader. If I could swap it for the melta cannon I would. The Crusade just doesn't even feel worth it because of the RFBC tax. 

Pretty good place to start. Taranis isnt my go to personally, I will be flying Vulkar colours for my single Iknight in my Admech army.

Fitout is

Endless Fury Relic (Heavy 14 S6 Ap-2 2D 6s = 2 hits)

Ravager

Heavy Stubber

Heavy Flamer

Warlord Trait giving 4++ against shooting 

1CP Stratagem Vulklr only - Each roll to hit of a 6 = 2 hits

So basically my Gatling gun will fire 14 shots, re rolling 1s due to canticles or closest unit with each 6 meaning 4 hits!!!

Wait on the dex coming to see if that all links in but from what ive seen on youtube it sounds good.

Yeah it not a command point worth spending IMO just to get Canticles on your Knight. Super situational.

Taranis is the sigil my first Knight, the Knight Errant "Spear of Sydonia" runs, where as my other Knight is just generic Admech Metallica forgeworld iconography so I figured I would give Taranis a try. I really like the stratagem to get back up and fight, and I'm gonna try it out to see if it works out for me or not, but if not I'm gonna probably run Raven for their stratagem to reroll everything or Vulker for their relic giving +1 to damage against targets with 10 or more wounds. 

Edit: Ah crap Krast has it the +1 damage thing.

When I first saw Adamantium Knight I thought it was amazing, but really the only thing you'll see it mitigate in your average game is wound rolls of 3. Not a whole lot of strength 16 walking around these days, so really that trait is kind of a trap. 

Interested if the knights can use canticles I didn't know that. Makes me want to grab some even more.

Canticles requires all models in the detachment to have the rule in order for any to use it so only really works with lone knights.

As for Admantium knight that would probably be a good one to grab with the stratagem to take on certain opponents.

Archived