KitBashin

Delta.Skies

so I'm pretty much kit bashing my entire army except for a few choices cause hell why not. Tbh I think I'm coming out cheaper than buying box sets. (Ebay bitz bags / international shipping) I'm still waiting for some parts. But I just wanted to see where ya'll guys heads were at when you made yours.

My Kill Teams are mostly

- grey knight legs

- sterngaurd torsos

- deathwatch bolter arms right arm

- having a bit of trouble finding decent left arms (did not feel like spending 1o bucks on left arms swords and really haven't figured if I could just say they are just consired close combat weapons.)

- a cross between DA / Sternguard/ and GK backpacks and heads

- sterngaurd right shoulders ( because my deathwatch are pretty much black shields lore wise under an inquisitor) or anything shoulder pad I find unique.

- deathwatch left shoulder pad

My bitz bag which should be coming in eventually is mostly space wolves. But as you can tell very much its DA, GK, and space wolf oriented with a dash of deathwatch items (heavy weapons and such)

So what are your concepts and ideas of your kitbash units.

Btw pics coming soon, just this annoying international shipping and large window gaps

My Librarian

This guy took a good bit of 3 or 4 hrs, mostly shaving mold lines, clipping the nubs, and a lot of filing down things particular his back to get the nurgle cape to attach, as well as the ass part of the marine that sticks out. everything is attached with blue tac right now. 

I've been messing about with this.

Foremost:

- 'backpack with servo-arm' from the Tactical/Devastator spurs. Allows you to make a 'minor' techmarine (e.g. not a full sergoharness).

- the interplay of almost all Marine kits (even Primaris-to-old) make for wonderful options.

- e.g. my 'Primaris with Stalker Bolters and Power/Chain Swords'. Simple use of mostly left and right hands/weapons from different sprees.

- Custodes/Marine crossovers allow relatively easy kitbashing of Watch Commanders, by virtue of the Custodes arms not being insanely different sizes from Marines. I put mine onto a DW Vet body build (albeit with Sister of Silence head), but it worked out quite happily. (Instead of a glaive, she has a mystery grenade.)

This is also reinforced by the iconography (wolves, blood, swords, wings) being relatively easy to 'hijack'. Hell, even Salamander sigils can be repurposed as Star Dragons or Jade Dragons with a little effort.

It's difficult to escape those bits entirely, but for myself I'm happy to head canon the idea that the Space Wolves, for example, have had a senior role in training many successor chapters, even if their genetic legacy isn't being included. E.g. several Chapters start off with Fenrisian 'command squads' to make sure everyone gets to the right level of competence. (I imagine this is true of most Chapters. X Geneseed with Y & Z chapters contributing some 'advisors' to shepherd along the foundation - it's rarely so convenient that X=Y or Y=Z. So you'd rarely find a 'pure' Ultramarines successor, it'd more likely be, say, Novamarine geneseed with some Mortifactor Apothecaries & Vets and Consecrator Librarians & 10th Company Captain overseeing things.)

My space wolves bit bag finally came in, and i switched out the front torso, which looks way better now. However i wasnt able to take a pic. the front part changed the dynamic and his pose looks more menacing in an librarian way, but im still at odds because his cape is tattered but his front is clean. So im in debate. Also still debating bout this plasma pistol sitting on his ... "side" 

Command Front

Nurgle Cape

I've been messing about with this.

Foremost:

- 'backpack with servo-arm' from the Tactical/Devastator spurs. Allows you to make a 'minor' techmarine (e.g. not a full sergoharness).

- the interplay of almost all Marine kits (even Primaris-to-old) make for wonderful options.

- e.g. my 'Primaris with Stalker Bolters and Power/Chain Swords'. Simple use of mostly left and right hands/weapons from different sprees.

- Custodes/Marine crossovers allow relatively easy kitbashing of Watch Commanders, by virtue of the Custodes arms not being insanely different sizes from Marines. I put mine onto a DW Vet body build (albeit with Sister of Silence head), but it worked out quite happily. (Instead of a glaive, she has a mystery grenade.)

This is also reinforced by the iconography (wolves, blood, swords, wings) being relatively easy to 'hijack'. Hell, even Salamander sigils can be repurposed as Star Dragons or Jade Dragons with a little effort.

It's difficult to escape those bits entirely, but for myself I'm happy to head canon the idea that the Space Wolves, for example, have had a senior role in training many successor chapters, even if their genetic legacy isn't being included. E.g. several Chapters start off with Fenrisian 'command squads' to make sure everyone gets to the right level of competence. (I imagine this is true of most Chapters. X Geneseed with Y & Z chapters contributing some 'advisors' to shepherd along the foundation - it's rarely so convenient that X=Y or Y=Z. So you'd rarely find a 'pure' Ultramarines successor, it'd more likely be, say, Novamarine geneseed with some Mortifactor Apothecaries & Vets and Consecrator Librarians & 10th Company Captain overseeing things.)

Think the hardest part is getting decent legs, these are Deathwatch and will be treated as such. lol, but really i didnt want to do regular legs basic stance. the first model i did, was similar to the marine just standing there holding his gun. Looking at it, i was just like this is not gonna fly. So to say at least for my kill teams, unless they are heavy weapons. No marine is necessarily just standing there. But i digress.

when the codex comes out, and i like what i see, im thinking of throwing primaris reaver helms ( i think these are the skulls respirators on the face ) on some vanguard and calling it a day.

and I grabbed the custodes arms and spear gun (still waiting on international shipping :( ) for my watchmaster with death company legs and a command torso so that will be fun once the second half of my order comes in.

And my space wolf bits bag finally came in ... Yay .... riddled with bare funkadelic hairstyles and beards, knives, and icons. Got a good couple of axes and power fist. with some backpacks. and ironically dark angel, imperium and space wolf ornaments. (trying to figure out what am i going to do with the wolf tail talismans (theres alot of them) but i think i got what i needed for just in case.

gallery_105646_14362_603849.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_1617.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_895973.jpg

my other bits came in while waiting for the codex. Test running my IG Veteran under the inquisitor. Felt because the inquisitor is from ordo xenos wanted to convert them to be more alien hunter orientated, with the classic Gue'vesa concept. But throwing in some scout heads to just change it up. Expect more, but I got to fix this one up with green stuff cause I missed the mark on the cuts. we'll see how this goes. These guys are super tiny

Normally I don't really like the scout heads... but they work really well here, nice work!

tbh, it is really off level if you just try to put it on. and I think i got really lucky when i drilled the hole. makes it look like he has a neck guard. i only have 5 of em, with 3 mechanicus heads i thought about putting on as well. but we will see. gonna attempt to sculpt some respirators or some to make em look like veterans / alien hunters

Started working on my gaurd a bit more since im waiting on the codex to come out. And I have to say these conversions were a little annoying. aligning the boots with the legs. all the mold lines in random places, and so much glue on my fingers. lol but worth it. It got late last night and looking at the pics I see i have a lot of filing to do. Also this was my first time working with green stuff, and I definitely have some learning and researching to do on tips. Well heres 5 of them, a serge, vox, grenade and a soldier, but obviously experienced.

The serge has a purity seal loin cloth on his back cause as you can see, it definitely didnt fit on the front. Vox has a tau breacher backpack on, and i just cut the radio back pieces off, and attached them carefully (better than i did the loin cloth :) and on the last one, i lost a foot, and had to used the cut one meant for the right food, and green stuff it down, and then left it at a weird angle so i threw a scenery piece on him. Hope you enjoy. Hopefully i'll get these painted by the end of the week. 

gallery_105646_14362_436844.jpg

- found a thousand sons sorcerer back pack and thought it would be dope, think he is more menacing than ever

Inquisitor Aleth Varox

gallery_105646_14362_1254932.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_1211996.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_373623.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_1399036.jpg

main reason (lore wise) this is even possible. Wanted him to be large to represent his authority, he is no ordinary human to deal with the investigations of the warp and the influence it may have on the xeno races in order to gain intelligence for the imperium. he obtained a hammer through his master when overwhelmed by tyranids.

I still have to add some more things to him, more so on his hips to fill out the open areas.

Weapons are from grey knights, body is a storm eternal, head is a forge world blood Angel's helmet. His right arm and hand were the hardest. Seeing as I needed a lot of space due to the large shoulder pad (forgeworld ultramines shoulder pad) and I just wasnt getting it with regular space marine arms, so I cut the shoulder of the gravis captain. Hand too, and connected it through 4 different places to maintain the length of the nemesis daemon hammer. His Cape is a chaos terminator lord cape.

I hope you enjoy and share some models yourself.

Really interesting combination of bits for the Inquisitor, there.  At first I was like "that's an awful skinny Space Marine" but then I realized what you were going for and it makes more sense.  I would like to suggest adding some more gubbins to his belt/legs, such as a holstered pistol or a series of pouches (just to fill the space a bit more) :)

Really interesting combination of bits for the Inquisitor, there.  At first I was like "that's an awful skinny Space Marine" but then I realized what you were going for and it makes more sense.  I would like to suggest adding some more gubbins to his belt/legs, such as a holstered pistol or a series of pouches (just to fill the space a bit more) :smile.:

oh definitely, there is so much space on the right side, but i plan on glue those on in the mist of paint so i dont miss or paint over. Like all inquisitors he will have a big book on his side. grenades, and such. I have a gang of ornaments ready to hang on this tree. i just need to find more inquisitor items. 

Archived