Killteam Lazarus (Dreadnought silliness)

mjrwaud

So I've been working along on these ancients for awhile and I think they're pretty much done but was wondering if some of the more skilled than I could give a little constructive criticism or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ven. Dreadnought A - Dark Angels

Standard Lascannon - Close Combat Weapon - Heavy Flamer

Ven. Dreadnought B - Space Wolves

Went a little kitbash crazy, but it's really just an Assault Cannon - Close Combat Weapon - Storm Bolter (or Heavy Flamer)

Ven. Dreadnought C - Black Templars

Even crazier kitbash, after making the missile launcher from bits it made the Lascannon look tiny, so I thought a combi-weapon approach might be neat looking... so the right arm is set as either a plasma cannon or lascannon before battle. I could really use some suggestions on painting banner text...

Ven. Dreadnought D - Black Shield

The first dreadnought I finished... now looks a little plain compared to the others. 

I should probably wait for the codex but I was thinking of adding a Contemptor dreadnought to these fellas, probably kitbashing from one of the Custodes ones but have never worked with resin... anyone here ever worked on one of those?

The dreads are looking great, you've done a really good job.

Best thing I can think of for banners is quotes.

One of mine is:

Fear no xenos, not matter the size. When danger threatens summon me and I shall see to it's demise.

Thanks!

I'll still probably finish them up a bit, starting with that banner and some weathering. I was thinking something vague and latin-ish like "Mors ad te venit" (Death comes to you)... freehand is not my forte.

Archived