It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

You may only a pledge a single configuration. You cannot claim points for alternative loadouts, magnetisation, etc. So, other things being equal, you may as well pledge the most point-rich configuration.

You may only a pledge a single configuration. You cannot claim points for alternative loadouts, magnetisation, etc. So, other things being equal, you may as well pledge the most point-rich configuration.

Got it and will do.

So, as a Deathwatch player Im very happy that our Codex comes out sometime in May. The problem is that I wont know what is legal and how much the points have been changed when I pledge my force 1st of May. Is it possible to revise my list when the codex comes out?

No.

Vows never change once made provided they are correct at the time of pledging. So if you make a vow, even if the new Codex comes out before you complete it, you have to see it through regardless.

However any vows made AFTER the new Codex comes out MUST be made using the new Codex - you can never go back to Index or other lists.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know! :)

No.

Vows never change once made provided they are correct at the time of pledging. So if you make a vow, even if the new Codex comes out before you complete it, you have to see it through regardless.

However any vows made AFTER the new Codex comes out MUST be made using the new Codex - you can never go back to Index or other lists.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know! :smile.:

Thx for the quick reply!

Then my first vow will be stuff that most likely wont change by the codex and finish those first.

I will be mote than happy to work out the points for you (PM me- although I will not be able to do it before Sunday night my time because I’m away from my books). In the mean time. If someone else wants to step in in the mean time that’ll be fine - just do this via PMs.

I just need everyone to use the same common reference so no point discrepancies will occur for the same units.

I will be mote than happy to work out the points for you (PM me- although I will not be able to do it before Sunday night my time because I’m away from my books). In the mean time. If someone else wants to step in in the mean time that’ll be fine - just do this via PMs.

I just need everyone to use the same common reference so no point discrepancies will occur for the same units.

Cool, thanks.

I'll dig out my list and pm you if necessary, in the meantime I'll try and get in touch with my local DG player and see if he'd be willing to do the conversion for me.

And you’d be wrong! :woot:

People who vow for IFOR must choose one IFOR Forum as their Forum of preference - say in your case the Astra Militarum. Then for every unit of Astra Militarum that you pledge you may (if you want) pledge one unit from another IFOR Forum. However all the points will go to the Forum of preference i.e. in your case, the Astra Militarum.

This rules applies only for IFOR.

The latter. Once the ETL-dedicated threads become live, I’ll lock this one to avoid confusion. The vows, progress pics and general ETL discussion should be contained within the ETL thread system to avoid spamming the boards with ETL threads and it will be easier for me too to track down what’s going on.

Individual blogs will of course be allowed as normal. Just don’t expect me to comment or track them. :)

Probably a silly question, but on behalf of the AOD forum I must ask! The rules specify red books for AOD, but just for clarifications sake, does this include various units and characters not in the red books (1k sons, space wolves, black shields and various named characters)? Also, what about various units released by FW with only experimental rules (termite drill and that new SA transport for example)?

For AoD stuff like the Termite, I'm pretty sure it's whatever the current, most up to date points value is at the time you vow. So if you have a Termite in your vow as of May 1st, you use the experimental rules downloaded from the FW site. If, however, FW drop a new book between now and the end of the ETL (ha!), then the experimental rules are superceded, much like with the soon to be released Deathwatch and Harlies codices for 40k, etc.

Stru is correct.

Also the wording in the rules highlights in p. 15 is not the best - of course it includes all official rules from red AND black books as well as official pdf rules - even if experimental. The caveat is that the most recent rules (points and equipment configurations) must be used. So if a black book’s rules’ section is superseded by a red book, it’s the red book that should be followed. If the black book is the latest source for a specific unit, then of course it’s the black book that should be followed.

Expect everything to be clear when the official rules get posted.

By the Emperor... you haven't changed one bit, Augustus. :wink:

Change is for those tzeentchian weaklings. I dedicate my life to pain and suffering - Nurgle baby yeah! ;) Ok and a little bit of Khorne here and there, for kids and giggles. Wait, did I say that out loud? :rolleyes:

That's a point, need to check if I actually own the paints I want to use for my new Alphas colour scheme, otherwise I'm gonna run into issues.

Dragonlover

Better get on that then bud, we cant have team Chaos looking like a bunch of n00bs now. :lol:

Were proppah discipli... Oooo something shinys dancing...

Archived