Deathwatch Vs Tau

Hellios

Hi guys. I've not really played much for an edition or two, however a friend and I are planning to get back into the game.

We are going to play an escalating campaign starting with Shadow War (maybe Kill Team depending on when things happen), going up to combat patrol, 500pts, 750pts and so on.

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to finish off my Inquisition projects (I have about 60 random models, I'm sure I won't use them all for this campaign), and also the Deathwatch models I have.

For Shadow War I'll use the Inquisition.

For 40K games I plan to use Deathwatch with some attached Inquisitional forces.

I was wondering if you have any advice on what to use/equipment to take on my Deathwatch (advice on Inquisition stuff is also welcome), and what's the best way to fight against Tau, the army my friend will be using. I realise this will depend on the size of game we are playing, and what my friend takes, but just rough general guidance would be nice :D FW stuff is fine.

Currently I have the following Deathwatch models.

DW Captain Artemis 

Kill Team Cassius

DW Watch Master

5 Jumppack guys (could easily make this 10 guys)

1 DW Dread

Not sure how many normal DW guys I have... I want to say at least 15, but probably no more than 30... But I have lots of marines/marine bits so I'm sure I can requisition more DW marines if I need to.

I think you have a good start to your DW army. sense Deathwatch are so flexible it really depends on what play style you want to do. You seem to have a lot of infantry models so in your higher point games you may want to think about adding in some sort of transport. I'm a fan of the tride and true simple Rhino, don't get caught up in all the Corvus Blackstar hype I've yet to see it be worth its points but it is a dope looking model. 

If your open to FW and you have a DW dread model already, you should look into the "Venerable Chaplin Dreadnought" its an HQ dread that is also a <character> so he can't be targeted unless he's the closest model. (Model Tip: The Blood Angel Furioso Dread kit makes a great Ven Chaplin Dread)

As far as inquisition goes, its a nice complement to your DW as they can access bodies in mass as well as provide some great Inquisitor help (Greyfax/Eisenhorn). You'll hear a lot of people tell you that Acoytes suck because they're overpriced Gaurdsmen. I disagree, due to the fact that they have access to way better wepons and can actually kill something. I'll take a Acoyote shooting a bolter/stormbolter over a chump guardsmen shooting a flash light. If people are wasting shots on your Acyotes with Bolters vs all your other stuff your doing something good. 

Archived