Two Storm Questions

Delta.Skies

Thinking bout throwing in a stormraven for the inquisitor... he is the reason for the army. I know stormraven can not be deathwatch (as of now *crossed fingers*) but can they still ride in it since they are still marines. Feels like a waste of I just throw my inquisitor and acolytes in there other than for its fire power. Thought about a blackstar but i don't think it compares to a storm raven. I know I could go corvus and inquisitor still rides. But I just wanna know if possible.

Also stormshields and kill teams. Would you throw it on a 5 man squad with boltguns. I know standard set up is 2 or 3 with heavy to tank. And I'm already planning an assault squad with swords and shields. But what about a squad of boltguns and shields or should another setup be applied

As far as flyers:

Until Inquisition gets an update which fixes inquisitorial acolytes to not be expensive guardsmen with no weapons options, it doesn't make sense to bring something the Inquisitor can't bring (good) troops in. The Blackstar is a really impressive flyer, even on its own. I've seen tournament lists take them without any other Deathwatch in the army. Honestly they're pretty much an auto include for me at this point.

As far as Stormshields with Bolters. Probably the best option is to have one or two vets with them, the rest without. Use the Stormshield guys for stuff with high AP, regular marines for the rest. For the cost it isn't worth it to take both. One point less gives you a stalker Boltgun, or a Powersword.

1) No, DW cannot ride in a Storm Raven. Yes, the Corvus sucks right now, and is not really worth their points.

2) It'll depend on what you think you'll be facing. AP heavy? Yes. Going to be taking Lasguns, Tesla, or Devourers? Probably not.

If you get hit with multiple attacks / ap attacks can you allocate those attacks to the stormshields if they were 3 or higher?

Example 5 guys, 2 frags 3 shields get hit / wounded by 8 shots. And miraculously rolled 8 3s for saves. Because of the 3 shields is that's all legal saves?

You must declare the storm shield is making the save before you roll for saves. In this case it's a 1W model, so you need to roll them one by one until the storm shields are dead. If you want to use an invulnerable save and rolled based on that, you must allocate a successful wound to a model with that invulnerable save.

So basically we can allocate that's to hit rolls based on ap. So those 8 can be allocated for 3 shields to save and roll 8 armor saves? And anything over gets transferred over to the next soldier if they were killed

Yes, but you roll them one by one. Otherwise you won't know how many rolls passed before they die (if they all do) and it goes to the non-shield wielding models.

Say you get wounded 8 times with AP -2. You roll three 1s, three 3s, and two 6s all at once, but you declare afterwards you use the 3++. You can't say you saved the 3s first with the shields' 3++, then 1s (where they die), then the 6s (frags survive) because that unfairly gives you absolute advantage.

Yes, but you roll them one by one. Otherwise you won't know how many rolls passed before they die (if they all do) and it goes to the non-shield wielding models.

Say you get wounded 8 times with AP -2. You roll three 1s, three 3s, and two 6s all at once, but you declare afterwards you use the 3++. You can't say you saved the 3s first with the shields' 3++, then 1s (where they die), then the 6s (frags survive) because that unfairly gives you absolute advantage.

got ya, so do you roll individually or another route

Do you mean whether I would personally choose to use the 3++ or not? Depends entirely on the situation; there is no one size fits all. You'll have to assess your needs of that turn and make a decision then.

Got ya. Appreciate ya taking the time to respond

Archived