Hidden Imperial Vault WIP

steamius

• 1 month later...
It was a while since the last time I gave you an update to this piece!

I finished building it and priming. With the paint on, it looks fantastic, very pleased with how it came out.

The reason why it took so long to finish building the stairs, is because it took 4 week for the plastic card to arrive. Sorry for that.

Also, I made a, part 3, video for this piece. Be sure to check it out ^^D

3R1nziM.jpg

ssrZ8Zp.jpg

uIIc4Mw.jpg

Of1Hmr8.jpg

IN5Gmzs.jpg

eLNXtcO.jpg

This looks very impressive! The detail work on the broken stair must have demanded a few gray hairs. :)
How do you plan to paint it? I think it would look glorious in marble.

Also what material is the rock face made out of? Looks like something light imitating rocks rather than large chunks of the actual stuff.

This looks very impressive! The detail work on the broken stair must have demanded a few gray hairs. :smile.:

How do you plan to paint it? I think it would look glorious in marble.

Also what material is the rock face made out of? Looks like something light imitating rocks rather than large chunks of the actual stuff.

Thx man. I already have a ton of grey hair in the age of 25 years xD Some more will not make a different xD

It will be painted in a desert grey. Thi rocks will be brown with different high light. Orange, green, yellow and vanilla.

I found the material in an aquarium shop. I think it is used as a decoration. It was a massive piece of sheet, that costed 80 euros, I got it for 25.

ow, this is amazing! It reminds me of Iron Sleet's Pilgrym Invitational Campaign from a couple years ago. Very inspiring!

Thank you man ^^D

Looking fantastic, Steamius! That looks like every rogue traders or mosey inquisitors dream right there! To crack that open and see what treasure (or horrors) are locked within.

So here it is guys, the finished project. I am thankful to every one who left a comment and twice as thankful to those who checked out the videos as well!

I hope you enjoyed this WIP project as much as I did!

Here is a video with the full WIP from start to finish ^^D 

OzW8sH1.jpg

DKHG8Dn.jpg

4DsczXr.jpg

GePkCmg.jpg

4l3ISpW.jpg

3NKGlC7.jpg

iwLjjGa.jpg

ZRcgF1j.jpg

bNdy1Eh.jpg

wrAXT8f.jpg

That looks awesome! You could definitely make some fun scenarios for games with that too! Defenders camping in front of the vault, ready to sell their lives against attackers who want to crack open that door an help themselves to the goodies inside.

That looks awesome! You could definitely make some fun scenarios for games with that too! Defenders camping in front of the vault, ready to sell their lives against attackers who want to crack open that door an help themselves to the goodies inside.

Thank you man!!! A narrative battle report will come ^^D

That's a fantastic piece of terrain! Like something you would see at Warhammer World! I especially love the huge stairs.

The piece also reminds me of the entrance areas for the Cauldrons from Horizon Zero Dawn a bit.

Thank you my friend! I just hope more people would support this post ^^D

Archived