Inqisitors after the bog FAQ

Hello everbody

As i looked throw the new FAQ i found that Inquisitors cannot be played any more because "Imperium" isn't a Keyword anymore.

And the Imperium Keyword is the only Keyword they have in Common with other Imperial units

So i was wondering if any of you have an Idea how to play them now?

There are the Acolytes, Daemonhosts and monkeys for spearhead. Or take a bunch of Inquisitors for a supreme command detachment. Or take an auxiliary detachment at a CP cost.

I would write in about this, they really should be able to be slotted as an HQ in any Imperial army; or at least given free inclusion rules like Sisters of Silence et. al.

An inquisition/Agents Codex is not even on the horizon.

Domsto. If you have any response Please post it here. Thx:)

i don't thing i will get any response because i got the automatic email answer you always get when you write to the Errata Email address:ermm:

so i fear we have to wait for a FAQ to the FAQ for an Answer

To restate what I said on the Deathwatch thread on the FAQ:

Write in to GW. Tell them about the Inquisiton problem. I did and got a response back that says "they are considering changing some rules for Inquisiton to allow them in," if lots of people are writing in it'll push them to do so. My bet is that the "Inquisiton Authority" rule will expand to allow them to be battlebrothers in any Imperium Detachment.

Additionally, I think we should write in for a "requisitioned vehicle" rule for Inquisiton, i.e. the Inquisiton can take any imperial vehicle with transport capacity in a pure Inquisiton detachment while remaining Battlebrothers.

I love the Idea of a new Special rule that allows a Inqisitor in any Imperial Army whitout breaking the Capter Tactics,Doctrin,... and this nonsensical Battlebrothers rule.

i mean it fits well with the Lore, isn't an Inquisitor authorized to take every Imperial Force under his Command he thinks is necessary to complete his Task?

And i always wanted a Cadian Army leed by an Inquisitor on a Crusade to hunt down the Traitors how destroyed Cadia.

With the assassins new rule, you could still include them in a vanguard unit with an inquisitor could you not. And bypass the battle brothers beat rule?

The Assassins don’t share a keyword (other than Imperium) with Inquisitors, so no.

There definitely needs to be some extension of the Authority rule or Inquisitors can’t take Dedicated Transports without having a separate detachment with the keyword of the desired transports (e.g. an Astra Militarum Detachment to bring Chimeras or Tauroxen).

Fitting an Inquisitor with a few Acolytes, maybe a jokaero or a daemonhost is rsy as a vanguard detachment. The hard part is the only transport they can take in matched play at the start would be a =][= land Raider Prometheus unless the proposed beta rule is changed. While they can ride in any transport, the faction of the transport doesn't change. You'd have to take extra transports from another detachment and hop in once play started. Hopefully they'll just adjust the proposed beta test rule.

When people write in to GW, are you writing on their Warhammer 40K page?

I did both.

I wroth them on the FB side and wroth them a email to there Errata email address.

Really hoping that they will fix this problem quick

Local TO is using the beta rules, made a sort of "add-on" rule that said that Inquisitors can be taken with armies which match the Ordo (i.e. ordo Xenos with Deathwatch, ordo Malleus with greyknights, etc.) It's not perfect, but it's something.

It’s nice and fluffy, and access to Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors would be a quick boost in HQ choices for SoB, who currently only can take three Canonesses, Celestine and Jacobus.

I invested in Greyfax, 3 squads of Null-Maidens and a Culexus, intending to use them in an allied Detachment to support my Custodes.

Now I find I can still play them, but that detachment now needs to be in three separate detachments?  I think they overcorrected on this, to the point of missing the entire point.  It was already bad enough that Null-Maidens couldn't be innately used with Custodes in the first place.

I guess I'll just work on my Necromunda gangs until they get their you-know-what together.

I invested in Greyfax, 3 squads of Null-Maidens and a Culexus, intending to use them in an allied Detachment to support my Custodes.

Now I find I can still play them, but that detachment now needs to be in three separate detachments? I think they overcorrected on this, to the point of missing the entire point. It was already bad enough that Null-Maidens couldn't be innately used with Custodes in the first place.

I guess I'll just work on my Necromunda gangs until they get their you-know-what together.

Again, it is a beta rule, so write in to GW with your opinion, just posting on the forum won't change much!

I do think that all the imperium's auxillary troops should get a new common keyword.

Now I find I can still play them, but that detachment now needs to be in three separate detachments? I think they overcorrected on this, to the point of missing the entire point. It was already bad enough that Null-Maidens couldn't be innately used with Custodes in the first place.

It's funny^^

I had the exact same idea and now the exact same problem.

But i wanted to play them to my guard force to counter some of this stupid Eldar and their OP psykic nonsense^^

I even stoped painting the golden girls because i can not play them anymore the way it makes sense

Archived