The Start of Sons Of Morkai

TrawlingCleaner

Nice! I can vouch for those FW heavies, super nice! 

I've always loved plasma this edition. They do so much work when combined with our fire discipline its crazy. Public enemy number 1 in my gaming group easily.

Njals looking great too!

Yeah most of my recent lists have had one of each of those. Side bite I did outflank the plasma cannons once just to see. Turns out they were not half bad in the alpha strike role. Of course with the nerf to alpha strike that is less effective now but possibly still useful. Some here advocate mixed squads to spread the options and bubble wrap them a bit but that's never been my style personally.

By mixed squads do you mean the Terminator wolf guard thing or taking different weapons?

Nice! I can vouch for those FW heavies, super nice!

I've always loved plasma this edition. They do so much work when combined with our fire discipline its crazy. Public enemy number 1 in my gaming group easily.

Njals looking great too!

Thanks dude! I'm quite proud of the face so far

I currently run 3 squads of 5 grey hunters with plasma and with a pack leader with Combi plasma as the base for every game I play and they do great so I might give plasma cannons a go

Proxying before building is always smart assuming a friend will let you. Saves some dough and helps you see what fits your playstyle.

As for mixed squads another style for long fangs is to mix heavy weapons in a squad, so maybe 2 missiles 2 plasma and a Las cannon, then take 3 squads and spread them out around the board. That way if 1 squad dies you don't lose all your 1 type of weapon. It's not been my favorite the couple times I tried it. But many swear by it so I thought you might be interested.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a 1800 pt game last night against 1000 pts of Tau and 800 pts of harlequins, it's actually the first game I've lost with my wolves and I've played a game every week since the beginning of May with my wolves. I took some long Fangs for the first time with plasma cannons and they we MVP for me easily. I overcharged them turn one and brought it down to one wound. I also swapped out my wulfen for TWC and added Canis but both died before they could actually do anything which was a shame. Njal is worth is his points twice over for me adding one for denys and for psycic tests just makes him a beast. He one shot a shadowseer after I got a 10 on smite and then rolled a 6. My axe and shield dreadnought did work as it always does. Killed the solitare in one on one combat and then killed a troupe before dying to a razorbacks explosion. Even though the rest of my army got picked apart I really enjoyed this game. The core of every army list at the moment has been 3 GH squads with plasma combiplasma, wolf Lord with the relic and combiplasma, Njal and axe and shield dread and I think LF are now going to be added to that list.

• 1 month later...

Archived