200 point Kill Team

Rockythedog

Hi everyone

My local store is holding a small Kill Team competition for the store birthday. The rules are;

Max 200 points

No 2+ saves

Must be bought and built new

So I have picked up a 5 man kill team box, as it looks like a perfect reason to start a small DW army.

But how should I load them out? I was thinking to drop a vanguard vet in with them to give the fly keyword (am I right in thinking that’s how it works?)

Any advice from season vets is more than welcome

If you've only got the five bodies and 200 points to work with, that gives you a large amount of points to work with. An infernus heavy bolter might be a good idea, as well as some combi-weapons. Honestly, scrounge up some marine bodies and add a member or two to that team.

I'm not aware of the new kill team rules. Do you have to run models in units or can each model act independently?

The 5 man kill team box will be a good start. Boltguns / combi bolters with SIA are versatile and should provide you with a solid base. I would also include a frag cannon for some much needed punch.

If you have access I would consider a biker or 2. They are still 3+ save but are T5 and have rapid fire 2 boltguns so can kick out a decent amount of fire power (also consider a 4pt power weapon)

I have played a lot of previous iterations of kill team and what I've found is that it's generally the high model count teams that do the best. You need to be prepared to potentially take on 25+ model teams (i.e. orks, nids). In my experience DW are better against power armor and equivalent armies and struggle against xenos hordes (the irony).

Ha ironic.

I’ll grab a box of bikes and a Lord executioner to run as a vanguard veteran. Then I get both keywords for fly and bike, and that should keep me under the 200points.

So far I have the 5 man box, I have the Sgt with combo-plasma and xenophase blade, a black shield with storm shield and power sword,a DW shotgun, heavy Bolter and a stalker pattern with power sword (I didn’t see anything that said he couldn’t have the extra sword)

The Lord executioner will be running either power axe or most likely heavy thunder hammer, then bikers (have to work out points cost for how many) will take power weapons for melee as the bikes have that solid twin Bolter as you said.

Have never played at the store so unsure what I am likely to face, I would expect death guard for definite as I see a lot of that being worked on, but with the caveat that tebkill team has to be comprised of new buys, it opens it up to a whole new level. At least I won’t be facing an Imperial Knight haha

Archived