ETL Roll Call

SW1

Well, it seems I was late in this party - missed that thread until now...

I’m really interested to see how the Wolves will respond this year. Last year could be said it was the Year of the Wolf as Space Wolves, out of nowhere and with no track record did more points THAN ANY OTHER ASTARTES FORUM! Will they become Primus Inter Pares this year? We’ll have to see...

Now to answer some questions although the answers given above are correct.

If I vow stuff for the Tau, can I vow anything for the wolves? or must i stay in the tau?

You may only choose to support one forum. You do that by placing a vow in the appropriate thread (not yet on) and that’s it. You may never change Forum for any reason. The ETL, among other things, is about tough choices. :smile.:. You can however pledge whatever you like as an out-of-competition entry that does not carry any points.

I did a quick and dirty write up of models on army builder, and without adding in 20 Terminators, am around 2.6k of models.
Dumb question: Can Wolves in 8th edition get Cataphractii armoed units?

No, but that’s the easiest, most straightforward, “count-as” of all time. Just price them as normal Termies.

I cant for the life of me remember what the ruling on weapons for stuff like WG were. For example, i have 10 PAWG with SS to vow but I have 10 plasma/melta/flamer/SB for them.

Would I simply vow the meltas for the points or can i get the weapon cost for each?

If I understand correctly, you’re asking whether you’ll get any points for alternative load-outs. Well the answer is no. There are no points for magnetisation or other means of attaching alternative wargear on the minis. You may only vow a single configuration and the result must be as WYSIWYG as possible. As such, and other things be equal, it makes sense to pledge the most “pricey” configuration. Of course it makes more sense to pledge what you really need on the tabletop but if you’re in it for the modelling alone, then yes, optimisation dictates to vow the most expensive configuration.

I did a quick and dirty write up of models on army builder, and without adding in 20 Terminators, am around 2.6k of models.
Dumb question: Can Wolves in 8th edition get Cataphractii armoed units?

If we get the same rule as the IFOR (you can vow units of your factions sub-divisions, as long as they don't outnumber your main sub-factions units), you can paint them with Codex SM point values.
If not: Counts-as.

You do not get the same rule as the IFOR. Astartes are contained within their own lists (plus appropriate FW stuff and other goodies - but no other Chapters).

I am building a Knight for my army. Can I paint that for this forum?

Damn right you can! :devil:

The Captain brings up a good question. Last ETL we suprised everyone with a huge jump in participants and productivity. From under dogs to a real challenger.

So can we do it again this year?

prolly gonna do a few characters that are sitting on my shelves for 2~ years now, dunno how much time ill have this year tho

building and priming was ok before may 1st right?

That was my understanding.

First time posting here but I've been a member for some time. Looking forward to pledging my Wolves to the ETL. I have about 75 or so models currently built but unpainted so I have a lot to pick and choose from.

Looking forward to this and at the very least I know this will light the painting fires.

I will NOT be an oathbreaker on my first time out!

Rather paint wolves and for the wolf forum.

Do the Wolves for the Forum first.

Do the DG as an out-of-competition vow.

Do not get tempted by the vile creatures of the Warp...

Slowly getting back into the groove.

Did finish preparing 5 selfmade Greyslayers and revived the ETenebraeLux Hashtag on Instagram, Lord Semper.

I won't be painting any Wolves in competition (I'm currently swept up in Xenos heresy), but I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with. Especially interested in seeing what color schemes everyone here chooses - I'm on team grey.

No they don't have to be official models. :)

Now guys, start using the Outpost thread - I will gradually stop responding outside those threads - I cannot track some 40+ ETL threads - I'd rather stick to the 20 official ones! :D

So where do we actually vow? here?

Just in case...

med_gallery_87416_12060_888208.jpg

Sorry i got slightly carried away and did the brown before remembering to photograph them :)

Points score to follow shortly.

Cheers,

GM

So where do we actually vow? here?

Just in case...

med_gallery_87416_12060_888208.jpg

Sorry i got slightly carried away and did the brown before remembering to photograph them :)

Points score to follow shortly.

Cheers,

GM

You need to vow in the outpost thread at the top of the forum.

Archived