Double Battalion

Dracos

I'm using BattleScribe and think it has a bug ... or I do :)

I'm trying to build a Double Battalion ... because Brigade isn't worth the extra 2 CP in my opinion.

Every time I try to put a second HQ in the second battalion ergo 4 HQs, it flips to Invalid Entry. It doesn't matter which HQ choice I use it pops up? If it's correct I'm okay with that. I'm not big on most the Marine HQs anyway. I just don't want to build a list and find out I need to swap equivilent of a unit out to get another HQ in to be legal.

I tried search fu and looked back three pages and didn't see a similar thread so I apologize id this is old hat to others.

Officially you can have any number of detachments (regardless of type) outside of Organised Play, where the new "Rule of 3" limits the maximum number.

As far as this topic is concerned:

- Battlescribe is not an official GW product, as such any bug/glitch/error isn't an official rules issue but something that should be reported to the apps creators.

When you add the second battalion make sure the roster is highlighted and not the first batallion.

Adding a new detachment when a previous one is selected is to create multiple factions within one detachment. You may have noticed that in this case you cannot select any other detachment type than the "parent" but you can select different factions. So yeah 4 HQs in one battalion is too much.

When you add the second battalion make sure the roster is highlighted and not the first batallion.

Adding a new detachment when a previous one is selected is to create multiple factions within one detachment. You may have noticed that in this case you cannot select any other detachment type than the "parent" but you can select different factions. So yeah 4 HQs in one battalion is too much.

This.

If you are still having trouble, PM me as I'm on the development team for 40K Battlescribe files and can help you figure out what is going on. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand the rule of three correctly, you would be unable to have 4 of the same HQ. Is it possible your problem is as simple as that? I use Excel myself for my armies, so I don't know the quirks of Battlescribe.

Archived