Thousand Sons VS Culexus Assassin [TTT battle reports]

MillionsSons

Heyo!

How many how you have watched the latest Battle reports of TableTopTactics? It's Thousand Sons vs Adeptus Sororitas + Culexus Assassin.

I don't want to spoil for those who haven'ts watch yet... but any of you have faced a Culexus yet?

How the hell are we supposed to get rid of this thing :D Hit only on 6+ (shoot and melee), cannot target with spells...it seems only flamers could get rid of him. Any other ideas?

I've fought a Culexus quite a few times though not with Sons, the trick is as you say: anything that avoids rolling to hit is good. Otherwise it's spamming attacks to get hits - once you notch up enough hits he goes down fairly easily especially as spam attacks tend to not care much about an invulnerable save (but don't mind a 4+!).

Not that I have any experience in this, but charging him with a unit tzaangors sounds like a really good way to make him drop really easy. Sheer weight of attacks ought to do the trick.

Question for those more knowledgeable than myself, is the six required to hit modifiable anyway? If so, prescience plus a nearby shaman would make it even easier.

Heyo!

How many how you have watched the latest Battle reports of TableTopTactics? It's Thousand Sons vs Adeptus Sororitas + Culexus Assassin.

I don't want to spoil for those who haven'ts watch yet... but any of you have faced a Culexus yet?

How the hell are we supposed to get rid of this thing :biggrin.: Hit only on 6+ (shoot and melee), cannot target with spells...it seems only flamers could get rid of him. Any other ideas?

Bury him in Goats. Seriously this has worked for me literally dozens of times... in tournaments, in friendly play.

Option 2 is if you take Tzeentch Daemons. (I have a friend who always played Magnus + Tzeentch) and you just use some of the daemons to swarm him.

Not that I have any experience in this, but charging him with a unit tzaangors sounds like a really good way to make him drop really easy. Sheer weight of attacks ought to do the trick.

Question for those more knowledgeable than myself, is the six required to hit modifiable anyway? If so, prescience plus a nearby shaman would make it even easier.

Goats also reroll all misses against characters. He can often go away in the first fight phase.

Heldrake is also a good solution. It can get to him almost anywhere on the table and he really doesn't like auto-hitting multi damage weapons.

"I am the BANE OF ALL SORCERERS HAHAHAH.....AAARGHH.....NOMNOMNOMNOM!!"

If you happen to be running multiple Mutaliths as part of your army concept, you can melt him as part of the collateral damage. Linebreaker Bombardment and Coruscating Beam can be similarly hilarious, but only if you're already planning on using them.

Heyo!

I was all hung up on watching it but it seems you're confusing Tabletop Tactics with another YouTube channel. There's no new battle report on their channel. :sad.:

Edit : ok, found it. It's for paid members only... >_>

Culexeus is difficult for sure. Fielding him is probably more difficult post FAQ. However, auto hits from our access of various flame type attacks.

How about that hellforged flame tank that would probably ruin his day.

Archived